Orangegrove’s Epic Adventure – Two Week Cruise from July 17-31, Eastern and Western C

orangegrove

We will be driving from Raleigh for our 11/20-11/27 cruise. Plan to leave Thursday afternoon, drive part way and to Ft. Lauderdale Friday where we have reservations at Hilton Beach Resort. Also have to pick up 4th person at FLL Airport Friday afternoon. Last cruise was a Disney out of Port Canaveral. After the cruise, we stopped at KSC until mid-afternoon and then ended up driving clear to Raleigh, arriving about 1am! Loved your review. Thanks

Thanks for the wonderful, detailed recap, Orangegrove. I'm bookmarking this for our cruise in Oct. We decided to do a modified b2b and do the Epic in week 1 and Carnival Liberty in wk 2. This is our 1st cruise sans kids and thought it would be a fun contrast especially since we're doing an inside cabin on the Epic and a balcony on the Liberty. We have some repeated stops because we're doing Eastern itinerary on both but will do different things and may do a ship day for 1. Living in Texas we've done the Western itineraries enough and really wanted a change.

Thanks for the wonderful, detailed recap, Orangegrove. I'm bookmarking this for our cruise in Oct. We decided to do a modified b2b and do the Epic in week 1 and Carnival Liberty in wk 2. This is our 1st cruise sans kids and thought it would be a fun contrast especially since we're doing an inside cabin on the Epic and a balcony on the Liberty. We have some repeated stops because we're doing Eastern itinerary on both but will do different things and may do a ship day for 1. Living in Texas we've done the Western itineraries enough and really wanted a change.

My husband and I were just talking about the next time we do a b2b we would like to take one ship and get off and get on another! :) Variety is the spice of life! :p The daily activities don't change a lot and I think that is why around day 12 we were like, what do we do now, especially after Costa Maya was cancelled.

I think our next trip may be a Panama Canal. We have done the East/West/Southern several times and we've also done Alaska and Mexican Riviera. Off to plan! :)

Maybe you can answer this question for me.

I read there's a "Dancing with the Stars" show at 10 pm at Manhattan Room.

Can you dine somewhere else & go to the Manhattan at 10 just to see the show or do you think it will be filled up?

Same question but for "Legends Unplugged"....can you go just to see that at the Manhattan?

Can you dine somewhere else & go to the Manhattan at 10 just to see the show or do you think it will be filled up?

Same question but for "Legends Unplugged"....can you go just to see that at the Manhattan?

Know this was probably posted already..but when is the Legends dinner show @ Manhattan - didn't see it available to reserve ahead?!

Thanks!!

We didn't do this, but I know others who have dined elsewhere and have gone to the show.

Yes you can just go see Legends also...same deal. Not sure how busy it will be, but I never heard anyone complain about getting in.

Know this was probably posted already..but when is the Legends dinner show @ Manhattan - didn't see it available to reserve ahead?!

Thanks!!

I believe they play at 9:30pm/10:00pm on nights they do not perform their show in the Epic Theater. You cannot reserve, first come first serve.

• 1 month later...
Wow, what a fantastic and really detailed post! Thanks for taking the time to post everything. I've learned so much from you :D

On the day you had rough seas could you feel the boat move at all? The waters looked pretty bad!

It really wasn't bad at all. That was the day we were supposed to go to Costa Maya and hardly felt the boat move. It was a little bit rocky but no dishes were flying and no barf bags were needed! :p

Archived