priceline in Galveston?

outforfun

Has anyone ever used the Name Your Own Price from priceline to book a hotel in Galveston? Will be staying in Galveston in a few weeks and the hotels are so pricey... Any help would be appreciated...:D

Galveston prices are Double Houston area prices this time of year. I used Priceline and got a good price on a place in League City for this Friday night. 45 min. drive into Galveston.

I have used Priceline in Houston MANY times and I am always pleased. Galveston, however is a different story. The hotels are very overpriced and not very nice, from my experience. I would be hesitant to use it.

Like the above poster suggested, you might do better to stay right up the road in the League City or Clear Lake area.

Just my opinion - for what it's worth :)

I have used Priceline in Houston MANY times and I am always pleased. Galveston, however is a different story. The hotels are very overpriced and not very nice, from my experience. I would be hesitant to use it.

Like the above poster suggested, you might do better to stay right up the road in the League City or Clear Lake area.

Just my opinion - for what it's worth :)

--------------------------------------

What hotels have you stayed at in Galveston and not pleased with.

Please list as to accommodations, priceline pricing and activities in Galveston going on at that time.:)

I have stayed at the Victorian Condo-hotel. It was old and crusty. I have also stayed at the San Luis Resort - VERY nice, but VERY pricey and probably not even a choice on Priceline. I live relatively close to Galveston, so I don't really need to stay there much.

For the money, I would just rather stay in a Hampton Inn or La Quinta a few miles out of Galveston for a much cheaper price and the free breakfast is nice. Just my opinion.

I have stayed at the Victorian Condo-hotel. It was old and crusty. I have also stayed at the San Luis Resort - VERY nice, but VERY pricey and probably not even a choice on Priceline. I live relatively close to Galveston, so I don't really need to stay there much.

For the money, I would just rather stay in a Hampton Inn or La Quinta a few miles out of Galveston for a much cheaper price and the free breakfast is nice. Just my opinion.

Have used priceline and have found it to have good rates. It helps if you bid 3 1/2 stars.

Archived