6 weeks to cruise! OBC credit?

cruisegirl36

We leave on our cruise in six weeks... Can not wait!!! I was wondering if there is still oppurtunity to get OBC. I havent see the rates change in a while, actually a couple weeks ago when it did it went up. We booked an inside cabin so I am starting to think these rooms dont really go down much anyways. Is it more common the weeks leading up to the cruise for the rate to start going down?

Florida there are so many ships in competition, thats why rates are so cheap out of Florida. As a solo, Im finding even counting in the price of airfare, its cheaper out of Florida.

Having many choices, those cruises are going to be more under pressure to drop prices to fill ships when things are slow, like fall hurricane season.

That one OBC I got wasnt out of Galveston ...still waiting for the first time. Goofy thing is weeks before and after my cruise have dropped but not mine .. so its also a matter of luck.

It depends on how your catagory is selling. Have you done a search to see how many cabins in your category are still available? The more that are available the better chances that they may drop prices to try to fill them. Obviously it is better to sail full with cheaper rooms than to sail with those rooms empty so as the time gets closer if the rooms are not selling you will see price drops occur. I got almost $200 in ES price drops on my sailing to Alaska back in May. Just keep watching and keeping your fingers crossed.

I'm holding onto a pipe dream that the OBC fairy will call me for our Conquest cruise next month. I'm booked in a 6C for $529, and it is now going for $709 and the 6B and 6A are sold out.

I don't think it is going to go any lower, but I can always hope. Maybe the upgrade fairy will call and offer me an 8D or something so they can sell my 6C at a higher rate.

I can always hope.:)

We leave on our cruise in six weeks... Can not wait!!! I was wondering if there is still oppurtunity to get OBC. I havent see the rates change in a while, actually a couple weeks ago when it did it went up. We booked an inside cabin so I am starting to think these rooms dont really go down much anyways. Is it more common the weeks leading up to the cruise for the rate to start going down?

I have gotten ES last 3 trips, all out of Florida. If the prices are going to drop it's usually around 2-4 weeks before sail when the prces fluctuate allot. Keep looking, several times a day.

We are a category 4E... We have connecting mid ship rooms on the 6th floor. We have never done connecting rooms before but we have first time cruising friends with us and we thought it would be fun. We really dont want an upgrade because we want the connecting rooms.

We are a category 4E... We have connecting mid ship rooms on the 6th floor. We have never done connecting rooms before but we have first time cruising friends with us and we thought it would be fun. We really dont want an upgrade because we want the connecting rooms.

If you both didnt book ES, then the only thing you can get after final payment is a upgrade. You cant get OBC.

I saw someone all upset because he couldnt price match to a higher category that had ONE cabin offered as a upgrade, and they had 3 in a sold out category.....no one can predict.

We sail on the Dream on 8/14 and have two cabins an 8E and a 4H directly opposite each other. Most of our $500 in OBC has come in the last two weeks. Since I didn't want to upgrade and lose the rooms opposite each other, when I saw a price drop or an upgrade for a lower price I just put a note on the form "please do not change room, but apply OBC to my account".

Good Luck with getting some spending money. I found most of the price changes came in the afternoon. JFYI.

If you both didnt book ES, then the only thing you can get after final payment is a upgrade. You cant get OBC.

I saw someone all upset because he couldnt price match to a higher category that had ONE cabin offered as a upgrade, and they had 3 in a sold out category.....no one can predict.

We both booked Es rate... I was excited about getting OBC

Q: For those experienced Carnival cruisers, can you only request a price change if you booked with early saver rate?

I added 2 people to my booking last week. I booked a long time ago under early saver. The 2 new people were not booked under early saver because it was no longer available for our sailing.

The price is much lower now for the other 2 fares. We make final payment Tuesday. Is there No way to get the lower fare for the other 2 on my booking??

TIA

Archived