Orlando to Port Canaveral

wailea4me

We are departing from Port Canaveral for the first time. I understand we must fly into Orlando. Is there a cheaper shuttle option for getting from the airport to the cruise terminal other than the cruiseline transfers? If we choose to fly in the day before, would you suggest staying in Orlando or Port Canaveral? I would appreciate any suggestions on traveling back and forth from airport to terminal.

Check out post #295 of this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114&page=21

Shirley has lots of tips about the area!!

We are using (after researching all over) VIP Limo Service (info in that post above)... it's $150 roundtrip for car service for 4 people. That sure beats the $35/pp each way that Carnival wants to charge for the shuttle.

Plus we have an early return flight... so I don't want to be stuck on a shuttle waiting for it to fill-up so that we can leave the cruise port!

Lots of folks making the same trip choose to rent a car - should be equal or cheaper than shuttles or cruise transfers and gives you more options for dining and shopping. Unless you want to stay in Orlando for some reason I suggest you make the 45+ minute dirve to the coast and relax at a hotel near the port. Good luck!:)

i will be calling BEACHLINE Transportation from which is recommended

on that Port Canaveral thread post #295 from MCO to the Radisson-PC and they too discount 10% forCC members:) If we were coming in 2 days before we probably would rent a car, but dont see the need for a nights stay-post cruise we will be doing a ship's tour.

Lots of folks making the same trip choose to rent a car - should be equal or cheaper than shuttles or cruise transfers and gives you more options for dining and shopping. Unless you want to stay in Orlando for some reason I suggest you make the 45+ minute dirve to the coast and relax at a hotel near the port. Good luck!:)

We are also doing this during our cruise in a few weeks. We are staying two days pre-cruise and flying back home after the cruise at 6PM. My DH snagged good deals on rental cars both ways by scouring the internet. The cost is $64 for the day for a full-size suv. We have four people and tons of luggage. The shuttle would have been double that, at least! Now we have the freedom to do what we want before catching our plane.

Archived