Anywhere to get passports stamped?

RedLightVegas

My husband and I are new world travelers, just got our passports earlier this year and only have 1 stamp. :-(

(In Europe you don't get stamps for every border you cross)

We're going on another cruise in October and just wanted to know if there is anywhere in Jamaica or Cayman Islands that you can get your passport stamped?

I've heard time and time again if you go to a post office they will do it for you, but we tried that in Europe to no avail.

I've heard time and time again if you go to a post office they will do it for you, but we tried that in Europe to no avail.

they only put the date stamp on the duty tax we pay on passports (in Italy) to certify its validity date, the rest of europe does not have frontiers anymore so you only get the stamp of the country you enter.

If you want stamps on your passport, you must go to north africa :) : Egypt has nice big ones.

My husband and I are new world travelers, just got our passports earlier this year and only have 1 stamp. :-(

(In Europe you don't get stamps for every border you cross)

We're going on another cruise in October and just wanted to know if there is anywhere in Jamaica or Cayman Islands that you can get your passport stamped?

I think this is going to be difficult normally at the cruise entrance port there is no official border control which performs such actions. What I remember from jamaica (airport) they give you 2 stamps one when entering and the other one when leaving the country.

I do not think with all the security regulations nowadays they are going to stamp your passport without passing the official control points.

Another remark pls do not handover your passport to anybody for them to do this. Always have your passport with you when your outside your country. This document is more important than money

In Grand Cayman wehave gotten them stamped right at the tender pier, in an office off to the side there and in a customs office halfway between the two tender piers.

In Ocho Rios, they stamped it for us at the end of the pier in the customs office there.

At either place you have to ask and they will think you are nuts, but they will do it for you.

When we asked at the pursers desk on the Freedom and the Glory, we were told they do not get passports stamped anymore.

Bill

Archived