IC in January 2011

kittenaround

I've seen a few posts on the sticky asking this same question so thought I'd give it it's own thread.

The IC is getting rave reviews by all posters, but it's only available on LMT until December 2010 at that great rate.

Does anyone know if it's not showing for January 2011 or beyond because

a) it's high season and will not ever be available at this great rate through LMT

or

b) we are all too early to book this hotel through LMT and it will eventually come up as an option so be patient.

Would be good to know if we should wait a little while or book something else for more $.

Thanks so much for your advice on this one.

Xmas thru New Years is most expensive. Then the rates climb from early Jan thru Easter.

You don't mention the date you need the room, but be assured you won't get it for rates that you get it summer and fall.

Wait a bit if you'd like. You can always book something now that you can cancel while you "wait" for a better deal.

You don't say what your budget is. Check on hotwire too.

Xmas thru New Years is most expensive. Then the rates climb from early Jan thru Easter.

You don't mention the date you need the room, but be assured you won't get it for rates that you get it summer and fall.

Wait a bit if you'd like. You can always book something now that you can cancel while you "wait" for a better deal.

You don't say what your budget is. Check on hotwire too.

Thanks. My particular date is January 22 but I've seen others posting the same question for other dates in January. I would like to find a decent hotel for under $150 and was hoping there would be some sort of deal for the IC but so far nothing is posted on LMT or Easy Click. I'll likely book something that is cancellable and hope to see some sort of deal in the near future.

While the IC is a perfectly fine hotel, it's not worth any angst at all waiting for it.

I am not a fan of downtown or Bayside. If you can get a hotel at a great rate, then hey, why not? But I don't think it's worth chewing your nails over.

Another option is to score a hotel near the airport. The Embassy Suites at the Airport has a cruise package that includes:

• Round trip airport transfers for all guests in registered in reservation
  • One-way transfers to the Port of Miami (drop off only) for one guest. $10 fee for each additional adult and/or child
  • Spacious two room suite
  • Full Cooked-to-Order breakfast
  • Complimentary Manager's Reception*

There's now an express bus from MIA to Miami Beach and fare is only $2.35 each way. So stay out at the airport, and take the shuttle to the beach to have some real Miami fun.

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/library/airport_flyer_brochure.pdf

I agree with RuthlessBunny and given your dates, it is possible the Intercontinental may not be available.

Tourism is up. Expect to see prices go even higher and availability even tighter. I'd book something now you can live with.

Thanks. My particular date is January 22 but I've seen others posting the same question for other dates in January. I would like to find a decent hotel for under $150 and was hoping there would be some sort of deal for the IC but so far nothing is posted on LMT or Easy Click. I'll likely book something that is cancellable and hope to see some sort of deal in the near future.

Your dates fall over President's day weekend - demand (and rates) will be even higher than other dates in late Jan.:eek: I'd go ahead and book something now that you can cancel and will fit your needs/budget, and then keep checking for deals. Good luck!:)

Thanks all for your advice. I will certainly look into the airport area now that I know of the cheap transportation to the beach area as we will likely have the whole afternoon the day before the cruise to sit in relax on the beach in the warm weather. Thanks very much RuthlessBunny.

Archived