aft question

freddymale

I'm sailing on the miracle , leaving sept 20th

I am in a balcony cabin on deck 8 .

for the same price I paid for that cabin, I can move to an aft cabin

the ones available are 8270 (not sure about this one , as it's under the pool)

7302, 6333, 5299 and 5270 are the 4 cabins I'm looking at.

my question to anyone that stayed in any of those rooms

1- noise level

2- how covered is the balcony

3- motion ( I never got sick on a cruise, but did on the boat ride to cozumel (not the ship)

any help would be great as I'm not sure how long those rooms will be available

The only deck that has covered balconies is deck 4. The rest have only a slight overhang.

It is noisier because of the rooster tail, but I like the noise. I agree with tootsiescurly, I love deck 8 and have never been bother by chair scraping noise.

There is a vibration that happens in the aft cabins. Again, I like it, it puts me to sleep, but some don't.

The aft cabins are great, the only problem is there is no shade on the balcony.

Doug

Doug, from the looks of your past cruises I am sure your Captains do not keep the aft facing the sun as the go from port to port. However, that would be and interesting cruise:D.

Freddymale, caution here:eek:. Once you cruise aft it will form a habit you will never want to break;).

Doug, from the looks of your past cruises I am sure your Captains do not keep the aft facing the sun as the go from port to port. However, that would be and interesting cruise:D.

Freddymale, caution here:eek:. Once you cruise aft it will form a habit you will never want to break;).

I think i will take it..and I know if it's like cruising..once you try it you are hooked for life

I just booked my first aft, too. I think it's going to be awesome! I am actually glad that it's not covered because we're sailing in December and I will be welcoming the sun. We chose one under the Lido and have heard stories about the scraping of chairs. We are directly under some tables. I guess I'll find out myself how bad it is. I have always wanted an aft, so I hope I love it as much as I think I will. I usually try to book in the general aft area and am well aware of the extra vibration. I don't mind it, but it is there. Most recent cruises have been so last minute that the cabins directly aft were all gone, so they are popular.

I say go for it!

I'm a confirmed "aft snob", and have our cabin booked on the Miracle for next April. This will be #4. Can you tell we like this location?;)

You'll love the lack of traffic back there, the view, and the sun.

Enjoy!

I agree with everyone else. The aft balconies are great. It's very peaceful back there looking at the wake of the ship and listening to the churning water.

We are doing our first aft corner (7388) on RCCL in 2012. This balcony is HUGE!! I'm as excited about that cruise as I am the one we are going on next year. Anticipation

Enjoy your aft.

and thank you for all your resposes so far

Hi Freddymale......from a former Freddy Beach resident now living in Moncton....although Fredericton is still home. hope you enjoy your cruise and that you really enjoy the aft cabin. We are on the Valor next May and have an aft wrap cabin booked :D. Got a real good deal for this cabin, only afraid I won't want to go back to regular balcony...

A dissenting opinion....

I was on an aft balcony on the liberty on a 12 day mediterranean cruise. I would not do it again. Biggest problem was the soot on the balcony and chairs most mornings. Do not leave anything out overnight - it may end up with black spotches. Of lesser concern was the fact that it is a long walk from the back of the ship to the areas forward - like the spa. Also, you do not feel the wind blowing past you when at sea, like you do on a typical balcony on the sides of the ship. It was nice seeing the wake of the ship and the balcony is a bit larger, but for me I would not do it again.

We have an AFT cabin booked on the Pride in 10 days!! How many people that have had an AFT cabin encountered problems with soot if I may ask? Me no like soot..:( Lol..

Post how you liked it. I'm in an aft on the Pride in Feb.:D

Hi,

We've booked our fourth aft for February. We love the sound of the wake, the 180 degree view, watchng our port disappear as we pull out, and the quiet and privacy at the back of the ship....nobody in the hall unless they have a cabin back there.

As far as soot goes, we have noticed some soot on occasion, but bring a towel to throw over the chair when we go out to sit....just in case. I love sitting out there and feeling like I'm the only person in the world with my feet up on the rail!

I say try it....not much to dislike!

Enjoy!

We had 8270 on the Pride back in June and we loved it. It wasnt noisy at all, but the railings did get hot which wasnt a big deal. We just booked the miracle for next May and chose the same cabin since we loved it on the pride.

hello all,

I have been scouring these boards for info on the aft cabins on the Splendor. The aft cabin balcony was the cheapest of all balconies for our sailing in Feb so I took it, now for the last week I have been fretting over this decision because we are right above the lounge and stage in cabin 6487. We have a young son (5) and wonder about the noise at night, none of the other decks have an aft room for three passengers (according to the deck plans). Have we made a mistake? Why would Carnival put the rooms that families would obviously stay in over a lounge or at least place an aft cabin with room for three or more on one of the next two decks up?

Like I said I am fretting that we have made a bad choice, this will be our first cruise and I wouldn't want the cabin choice to determine whether I can convince my husband to do this again, it took me five years to get him on this one!!!!

Thanks for advice in advance :D

I had an aft on the Spirit. There was soot..little black spots on the chairs, table, railing. DH got some on his shorts. Just put a towel down before you sit and you'll be fine. There is noise from the water churning beneath you but when you close the door, its very quiet. We actually propped the door open on a sea day and took a nap....very peaceful actually taking a nap with the sound of the water churning. Very nice.

I was on deck 6 (6264) and don't think I would take a cabin directly under the lido. Maintenance workers are pretty hard on the deck chairs stacking them and moving them around so I would not want to be directly under there. Just my opinion.

Standing at the railing isn't private due to the slant of the aft. People above you can look down on you.

Click on the picture to take you to my album:

2987028450040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived