island tour or calabaza?

bandrproductions

We have one day in Barbados. What do you recommend an island tour or calabaza sailing??

Calabaza sailing would be a fun way to see the island. They provide lunch,drinks, snorkel with the turtles. We are doing this excursion in October. I think it will be one of the highlights of the cruise.:D

It seems we have the same taste in adventures.:D

Enjoy:)

Thanks!

Yeah, ideally, I could see North Pointe and Flower Forest and go on the Catamaran. The good news is that this just means that I'll have to come back again! My husband just doesn't want to do too much snorkeling, but it seems like the catamaran trip is also just about being out on the boat for the day.

Hey JerseyshoreBruce, come back after your cruise and tell us how you enjoyed the Calabaza excursion. :D

Ok i will but just go to Tripadvisor and they have 146 reviews up and all are perfect! Gina has talked to me so many times and even has a Facebook page....awesome company!

Ok i will but just go to Tripadvisor and they have 146 reviews up and all are perfect! Gina has talked to me so many times and even has a Facebook page....awesome company!

I got the same feeling about Gina and company:D

She answered all my questions and was very detailed, I really liked that. I'm looking forward to this excursion. I will go on trip advisor and read some of the reviews. Thanks JerseyBruce. :)

Thanks!

Yeah, ideally, I could see North Pointe and Flower Forest and go on the Catamaran. The good news is that this just means that I'll have to come back again! My husband just doesn't want to do too much snorkeling, but it seems like the catamaran trip is also just about being out on the boat for the day.

He can enjoy the catamaran,the sights, food and drinks. He doesn't have to go snorkeling. They do 2 snorkel stops, the turtles and a wreck.He can stay on the cat and relax.:)

Your right, you wll have to just come back if he votes it down:D

We were with them on 7/27 and I must say this was an awesome day. Gina, Danny (captain) and Kalli provided a great day and were always there to full fill your needs. Danny was great giving all the information about Barbados too.

Lunch was fantastic (loved the grape salad she made), drinks were always available and the limit of 12 people made it a relaxing experience. Book with them and you will not be disappointed. Thank you Calabaza.

We were with them on 7/27 and I must say this was an awesome day. Gina, Danny (captain) and Kalli provided a great day and were always there to full fill your needs. Danny was great giving all the information about Barbados too.

Lunch was fantastic (loved the grape salad she made), drinks were always available and the limit of 12 people made it a relaxing experience. Book with them and you will not be disappointed. Thank you Calabaza.

Can you tell us where you snorkeled and how was the water. Clear? How long was your excursion?

Thanks in advance

He can enjoy the catamaran,the sights, food and drinks. He doesn't have to go snorkeling. They do 2 snorkel stops, the turtles and a wreck.He can stay on the cat and relax.:)

Your right, you wll have to just come back if he votes it down:D

It seems like the thing to do is to go on Calabaza!

I e-mailed them & another company & never got a reply--wonder why I had no luck with both of them--- have decided on another plan anyhow, but just curious--how long does it usually take to hear back?!

Can you tell us where you snorkeled and how was the water. Clear? How long was your excursion?

Thanks in advance

We snorkeled about 100 yards off a beach area for the turtles and the water was crystal clear that day. Kalli will also take you over to a reef area if you want. I spent most of the time in the water with my DS7 just because of the water and swam into the beach so DS could have some sand time.

The whole excursion lasted about 6 hours.

We snorkeled about 100 yards off a beach area for the turtles and the water was crystal clear that day. Kalli will also take you over to a reef area if you want. I spent most of the time in the water with my DS7 just because of the water and swam into the beach so DS could have some sand time.

The whole excursion lasted about 6 hours.

Thanks, sounds like a perfect day.:D

what about if it rains?

This what Gina wrote in her e-mail to me, because I also asked the same kind of question.

"Bad weather, first off we do not like to sail in torrential rains either, we do check the weather every morning, and it does usually rain in the morning but clears up around 9:30, if it looks like a quick morning shower, we usually go to the turtles (whoever wants to go) and see if it clears up by then, if it doesn't we let everyone decide what they want to do, if you opt to cancel beforehand or by the turtles, there will be no charges

See you soon"

Hope this helps with any doubts you may have:D

Calabaza sailing would be a fun way to see the island. They provide lunch,drinks, snorkel with the turtles. We are doing this excursion in October. I think it will be one of the highlights of the cruise.:D

We were with Calabaza in July and out of Silvermoon and Shasa we elected their 12 person lunch/snorkel w/ turtles. I must say we could not have been more happier with them. Gina and crew were wonderful and it had to be one of our more relaxing and enjoyable excursions. She even gave hugs to all after we docked. Many thumbs up for them and the lunch was fantastic, try the flying fish...

$100 pp

$75 per child

http://www.calabazasailingcruises.com/

We were with Calabaza in July and out of Silvermoon and Shasa we elected their 12 person lunch/snorkel w/ turtles. I must say we could not have been more happier with them. Gina and crew were wonderful and it had to be one of our more relaxing and enjoyable excursions. She even gave hugs to all after we docked. Many thumbs up for them and the lunch was fantastic, try the flying fish...

$100 pp

$75 per child

http://www.calabazasailingcruises.com/

Thanks for the food tip...Can't wait to do this excursion.:D

Archived