Labadee Question????

I just booked the zip line and the roller coaster in Labadee and I had a question. My zip line tour is at 11:30am and I booked the roller coaster at 1:00. Is that enough time between the 2? I wanted to get all the activities out the way so that I can have some time to spend on the beach but I am wondering if we are going to have to run from the zip line to the area where the roller coaster is. Not sure how far they are from each other. Also I wanted to know if it was best to wear water shoes in Labadee? I hear that there are alot of rocks in the water or something. I really don't like water shoes but I am not trying to get my feet all cut up. :eek:

Thanks

For the zip line you will have to go on a practice run. It is a short course and they show you how to do it and what to expect. Then you have to get in a vehicle and travel to the real zip line. Then you are going to be coming down on the opposite side of where the roller coaster is located.

Bottom line, I think you aren't going to have enough time to make it on time to the roller coaster.

One other thing to consider, the ship provides a BBQ lunch for passengers while on Labadee. If memory serves me correctly (which if often doesn't so please check the compass), it's served from 11:30 until 1:30 and they are pretty strict about the times so you won't really have time to eat lunch with your booked activities.

In terms of the water shoes, definitely yes, they are needed if you plan to spend time in the water on the Adrenaline Beach side of Labadee. I understand it's a sandy bottom on the Columbus Cove side. I can't say first hand because we never made it over there.

Enjoy it, Labadee is beautiful!!

We did the zipline a year ago February. By the time we signed in, waited....... got our harness, waited...... did the practice run, waited........ drove up the hill, waited........ and finally did the zipline, it was easily an hour and a half.

Wouldn't do it again, wasn't really that great. And certainly wasn't worth taking that much time out of our day for a 30 second ride.

Enjoy as other have stated water shoes on the ocean side are a good idea. On the cove side it is a great beach.

Also please tip generously as these people really need our help.

Take some time for the shopping bazaar as you can get some great items. They are a little pushy but just be firm if you do not want something.

This is one of our favourite stops!!!

One other thing to consider, the ship provides a BBQ lunch for passengers while on Labadee. If memory serves me correctly (which if often doesn't so please check the compass), it's served from 11:30 until 1:30 and they are pretty strict about the times so you won't really have time to eat lunch with your booked activities.

In terms of the water shoes, definitely yes, they are needed if you plan to spend time in the water on the Adrenaline Beach side of Labadee. I understand it's a sandy bottom on the Columbus Cove side. I can't say first hand because we never made it over there.

Enjoy it, Labadee is beautiful!!

That is weird that they would have lunch at 11:30. I thought that I saw on my itinerary that the ship gets there at 11:00. Maybe I looked at it wrong. Well I guess I will change my roller coaster to a later time. I wonder if I even need to change it. Can't I just take my ticket to the roller coaster and wait in a line (like at a park)?

I've never worn anything but flip-flops.....the beach is sand....and the beach areas are sandy, too....there are some parts of the water (not in the beach areas) that are rocky, but I wouldn't venture out there, anyway!

That is weird that they would have lunch at 11:30. I thought that I saw on my itinerary that the ship gets there at 11:00. Maybe I looked at it wrong. Well I guess I will change my roller coaster to a later time. I wonder if I even need to change it. Can't I just take my ticket to the roller coaster and wait in a line (like at a park)?

No need to change your time, the tickets are good all day, when we were there last week, we just walked up and paid and rode, very short line, enjoy it. it's fun, just as long as the person in front of you doesn't stop half way down, that's what happened to us in December, she wanted to look at the scenery!!

I've never worn anything but flip-flops.....the beach is sand....and the beach areas are sandy, too....there are some parts of the water (not in the beach areas) that are rocky, but I wouldn't venture out there, anyway!
Have you actually been to Labadee:confused: If you have, you apparently have never made it to the largest beach there. The ocean side Dragon's Tail Beach [as opposed to the cove side beaches] is quite rocky as soon as you get in the water.

Thom

Well this zip line was the real reason I wanted this cruise in the first place. I first saw it in Dec. and I made my first payment for this trip. Ok so maybe I will just hold on to the roller coaster tickets and go after lunch. I just can't wait!!!!!! I have less than 50 days and my luggage is half way full.

I was just in Labadee last Friday.There were 2 locations for lunch.

Café Labadee 12:45 - 2:30 and Dragon's Rock 12:45 - 3:00

We walked to Columbus Cove. It's about a 15 minute walk. We took the tram ride back. Columbus Cove was all sand. Plenty of lounge chairs for everyone there. We enjoyed a very relaxing day there.

I was just in Labadee last Friday.There were 2 locations for lunch.

Café Labadee 12:45 - 2:30 and Dragon's Rock 12:45 - 3:00

We walked to Columbus Cove. It's about a 15 minute walk. We took the tram ride back. Columbus Cove was all sand. Plenty of lounge chairs for everyone there. We enjoyed a very relaxing day there.

It depends which ship you're on. We were there 2 weeks ago aboard the Enchantment and we docked at 7am and had all aboard at 3:30pm so our lunch was earlier. I see now that the OP will be on the Liberty.

I was on the same ship as the above poster. We loved Labadee. We were there early so the first thing we did was to go on the roller coaster. On the ship they said it was $15 for one ride and $25 for two rides. When you get on the beach there is a sign that states for $30 you can ride as much as you want. You may want to check that out. The end of the zipline is the opposite side of the roller coaster. You can take the tram there. Don't miss the lunch because it is wonderful. Adrenaline beach area is where we ate lunch near the roller coaster. I went in the water at that end and did not have any problems with rocks or coral. There was coral floating and on the bottom but the water has made it smooth. I pick up several pieces to check it.

For the roller coaster. I had the all day ticket, mostly because I have a kid. However, last June, those that had the one ticket ride, would go to the one desk near the coaster, sign the waver, hand over the ticket, and receive a token, that would need to be handed in to the ride operator. From what I saw, I'm thinking that you really do not have a time slot, because the line is a continuous moving line and the token you get (like a gambling chip) does not have a time on it.

Archived