Spirit AC vs AD help please

Sabiney

What is the difference between the AC and AD Penthouse suites on the Spirit outside of the obviouse forward and aft? I'm new to NCL and their web site does not seem to break out the balcony size from the room size. There must be a difference since they are AC/AD. :confused: If you had a choice between the two, which would you choose? We usually sail midship, so I'm not really sure how rough the front vs the aft would be.

I would love to read your input!

Pat

I was looking for the same info but for regular balcony rooms - there doesn't seem to be much on NCL website or here. We are new to NCL and I'm confused b/c there are so many categories with different prices but they all seem to be the same room. I think with NCL you pay for location? Unlike Celebrity where if you get a higher category balcony (CC class, say) you get added perks. That's my take on it.....am I right?

Hi

I can't speak directly to an AD, on the Spirit, since I haven't stayed in one, but I was in an AC back in June and the cabin was amazing. The balcony is not big enough for a chaise, but we had 2 chairs and a table.

On some NCL ships the AD's have bigger balconies, but I don't think that's the case on the Spirit. If that's the case you'll get more cabin space in an AC with the same size balcony as an AD.

If you do a search for both AC (try 10008) and AD (9710) pictures I know you'll find some so you can get a better sense for each cabin and their size.

My wife and I are trying an AD on the Dawn next March which does have a larger balcony.

Good luck!

I haven't been on the Spirit and don't really know how different the suites are. What I do know is that AC have a sideview and that should be enough for me to make my decision, I should pick the AC. Lots of people love the aft suites so I can't know what you prefer but we defenitely prefer to have a sideview.

Archived