Outlet Question!

oreomidnight

For those of you who have sailed on the Epic:

I am wanting to bring an extension cord and was wondering if the electrical outlets are 2 or 3 pronged? Can you tell I've never cruised before!

In the family balcony there are only two outlets. One is in the medicine cabinet and designated only for razors (international plug configuration). The other is behind a door next to the stool. It only has 2 plugs, and one of them is used for the coffee maker. Both of the outlets are 3 prong. I brought a 6 armed "power squid" with me that tucked behind the cabinet to charge our phones, laptop, ipad and nintendos.

In the family balcony there are only two outlets. One is in the medicine cabinet and designated only for razors (international plug configuration). The other is behind a door next to the stool. It only has 2 plugs, and one of them is used for the coffee maker. Both of the outlets are 3 prong. I brought a 6 armed "power squid" with me that tucked behind the cabinet to charge our phones, laptop, ipad and nintendos.

Thank You Very Much!

Mike - based on where the outlets are located, do you think I'll be able to use my Belkin Mini Surge Protector (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Belkin-Mini-Notebook-Surge-Portector-with-Built-In-USB-Charger/10248165) that I bought based on CC recommendations? The prongs rotate, so you can place it in any direction, but you still need some clearance because it does stick out a bit. Or is the location too tight for that? If so, like your suggestion of the power squid. I've looked at those in the past and could get if needed (although it won't give me the USB connections that my Belkin has).

Thanks for all your information!!

Mike - based on where the outlets are located, do you think I'll be able to use my Belkin Mini Surge Protector (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Belkin-Mini-Notebook-Surge-Portector-with-Built-In-USB-Charger/10248165) that I bought based on CC recommendations? The prongs rotate, so you can place it in any direction, but you still need some clearance because it does stick out a bit. Or is the location too tight for that? If so, like your suggestion of the power squid. I've looked at those in the past and could get if needed (although it won't give me the USB connections that my Belkin has).

Thanks for all your information!!

There's plenty of room where the outlet is. I wish I would have taken a picture of it, but it's behind a door with a small shelf under it. The power squid is pretty big and it sat in that area just fine without sticking out all over the place.

There's plenty of room where the outlet is. I wish I would have taken a picture of it, but it's behind a door with a small shelf under it. The power squid is pretty big and it sat in that area just fine without sticking out all over the place.

Great news! I love my Belkin and would be sad if it didn't fit. ;)

I'll try to take a picture when we sail in a few weeks. My DH thinks I'm nuts with all the odd pictures I take for my CC friends. :D

Here is a photo from Heinbloed who went on one of the earliest in Europe, I believe out of Rotterdam.

2010NCLEPIC10427-vi.jpg

our plugs in the room were fixed and no wires showing!

Not sure if I'm seeing this correctly...Is the outlet in a cabinet???

Also...is there any place where I could rest a tap light in the toilet room??? I don't like to use the bright light for those middle of the night trips to the bathroom.

Also...is there any place where I could rest a tap light in the toilet room??? I don't like to use the bright light for those middle of the night trips to the bathroom.

You can use a battery operated candle for the bathroom. They work great!

Hello all!

So I'm looking at those pictures and it looks like there are two sets of outlets, one for US (110v) and one for European (220v) plugs. I have adaptors for 220v, so I'm wondering if there would be any reason that I couldn't bring my adaptors and have LOTS of outlets?

Thanks,

Kathryn

Just an FYI re: the outlet under the cabin. I noticed that no matter what I plugged in, the plug would slide out occasionally, thus not completing the charge on the iPod, iPad, camera, cel phone, Kindle, etc... Happened about 50% of the time. I would suggest folks bring along a small roll of duct tape or masking tape to hold the plug in place.

Hello all!

So I'm looking at those pictures and it looks like there are two sets of outlets, one for US (110v) and one for European (220v) plugs. I have adaptors for 220v, so I'm wondering if there would be any reason that I couldn't bring my adaptors and have LOTS of outlets?

Thanks,

Kathryn

Yes, for dual voltage electronic gadgets... Read the gadgets label carefully... If you plug a 110 volt gadget into the 220 volt circuit outlet, that gadget will fry....

On the other hand if it is a dual voltage gadget, and you plug the 110 volt plug into an adapter to the European 220 volt outlet the gadget won't fry...

Is this clear?

Yes. What you're looking at has a door in front of it.

outlets-vi.jpg

Archived