Beach Towels

ACRmom

I am sure this is a silly question but....can we take the beach towels off the ship to use on our excursion? I just don't want to have to pack beach towels if I don't have to. Thank you very much and please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere.:D

Yes you can take the towels, just don't lose them or you'll be charged.:rolleyes:

If someone swipes your towel ashore when you get back on the ship just go to the counter by the pool and ask for another one. Tell them someone took your towel and they won't question you and won't charge you.

If someone swipes your towel ashore when you get back on the ship just go to the counter by the pool and ask for another one. Tell them someone took your towel and they won't question you and won't charge you.

That wasn't our experience--my DDs towels were taken while they were in the pool and they charged us. I had to visit the Purser's office and talk with them about it. They refused to reverse the charge. They told me to check back and see if they had extras show up. Two days later, they said they got some extras and reversed the charges.

Since then, we bring some lightweight beach towels with us.

I am sure this is a silly question but....can we take the beach towels off the ship to use on our excursion? I just don't want to have to pack beach towels if I don't have to. Thank you very much and please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere.:D

Why not? YOu can keep them if you want, you just will probably be charged (depends on your steward). They are often stolen off the lido deck, I had ours taken one time and the steward gave me new ones with no issues.

I know they lose at least 100 towels per cruise anyways. I know they don't bill that many towels.

That wasn't our experience--my DDs towels were taken while they were in the pool and they charged us. I had to visit the Purser's office and talk with them about it. They refused to reverse the charge. They told me to check back and see if they had extras show up. Two days later, they said they got some extras and reversed the charges.

Since then, we bring some lightweight beach towels with us.

We pack a couple lightweight towels too because they dry quickly and are easier to pack in my tote. But I've had my towel taken plenty of times because we stay by the pool late in the day and the crew begins cleaning and grabs towels off chairs right and left. They assume people have forgotten them I guess. It's never been a big deal and I've never ended up having to pay for a "lost" towel. I think they say it to keep people from taking them home with them as free souvenirs.

We pack a couple lightweight towels too because they dry quickly and are easier to pack in my tote. But I've had my towel taken plenty of times because we stay by the pool late in the day and the crew begins cleaning and grabs towels off chairs right and left. They assume people have forgotten them I guess. It's never been a big deal and I've never ended up having to pay for a "lost" towel. I think they say it to keep people from taking them home with them as free souvenirs.

Well, then, we must have gotten someone who was having a bad day then because the charge was there on our S&S. :rolleyes: Hopefully, on our upcoming cruise, DD will keep track of her towel. :)

Well, then, we must have gotten someone who was having a bad day then because the charge was there on our S&S. :rolleyes: Hopefully, on our upcoming cruise, DD will keep track of her towel. :)

But you didn't end up having to pay for towel, right?

Why not? YOu can keep them if you want, you just will probably be charged (depends on your steward). They are often stolen off the lido deck, I had ours taken one time and the steward gave me new ones with no issues.

I know they lose at least 100 towels per cruise anyways. I know they don't bill that many towels.

How would you know?

We've always used the Carnival towels for our excursions and have had no problem keeping up with them.

However, if you lose some, just swing by the Lido deck and steal a few from the Chair Hogs who mark their territory and hold empty loungers hostage for several hours before they finally come back to sit in their precious chair. Can you tell that's a pet peeve of mine, lol!:D

Sure you can that is why they are there. Just don't loose them.

That is how you identify your fellow travellers:D. the tourist popular beaches at the port of call are covered with towels of the ship.

We've always used the Carnival towels for our excursions and have had no problem keeping up with them.

However, if you lose some, just swing by the Lido deck and steal a few from the Chair Hogs who mark their territory and hold empty loungers hostage for several hours before they finally come back to sit in their precious chair. Can you tell that's a pet peeve of mine, lol!:D

I prefer to just get a clean one from the attendant but that'll work too. :p

Our last cruise on the Triumph they only lost 97 towels.:D

Bill

This is one of the few areas I wish Carnival would copy Disney on. Disney provides clean towels at all the pools, and at their private island. Take as many as you want, put them in the dirty towel holder when you're done with them, repeat as necessary.

But you didn't end up having to pay for towel, right?

No, we didn't, but it wasn't as simple as letting them know someone had taken them. They charged us for them, I went to the purser's desk and talked with them about it and they said there was nothing they could do unless they "found" a couple extra. It was another two days and a couple more visits to the purser's desk before they removed the charge. Not what I want to be doing on my vacation. :rolleyes:

Archived