What is your favorite snack to bring on a cruise?

When we took our granddaughter, I brought little juice boxes for her and the small bags of chips etc . I had never thought to bring stuff when my husband and I cruise. I thought with her snacks could come in handy in the room. Well, let me tell you when she brought our turkey sandwich to the room... there was nothing like a bag of potato chips to go with it. Can't find chips on the ship for some reason.

Actually I should correct myself we did pack snacks once we made such good friends pre cruise on CC and Skype with people from Germany and the UK my wife made Buckeyes a chocolate snack here in Ohio took them with us and , they were a huge hit, they still talk about them. My German friend packed beer and brought me some so i could try there beer and my UK friends packed potato chips and brought them since i work for Frito-lay and they are in the UK under a different name. That was a great cruise , the ship sucked LOL but the cruise was great.:D

I doubt that I spent much more than $2K on my wedding in 1995. My dad made me an offer that, being a planner, I couldn't refuse. I could either have a large wedding or he would give me the money that he budgeted for the wedding to use later and I could pay for the wedding myself. I went for a cheap wedding with family and close friends and splurged a little on the honeymoon - a week in St. Maarten at the Divi Little Bay. A year later, we used my "wedding fund" as a down payment for a house.

I have a friend who spent over $20K on his daughter's wedding. The wedding was gorgeous. The only problem is the couple got divorced within 6 months. :eek:

It makes me sad when I see couples focus so much on the wedding & seemingly forget about the marriage itself. I had an inexpensive, short wedding, but getting ready to celebrate 31 years this month.

It makes me sad when I see couples focus so much on the wedding & seemingly forget about the marriage itself. I had an inexpensive, short wedding, but getting ready to celebrate 31 years this month.

I so agree we spent less than $1000 and my wife went all out on pictures that cost half of that total and we will be celebrating our 28th. Congrats to you:)

I so agree we spent less than $1000 and my wife went all out on pictures that cost half of that total and we will be celebrating our 28th. Congrats to you:)

Yippee, we can sing Happy Anniversary to each other! I tell you what, though, marriage is not for sissies. We've certainly had our ups & downs. Now, back to our snacks. I'm thinking I may need to take a bit of chocolate if there is none on my pillow. Although, now that I think about it, I brought almost all of my Carnival chocolates home with me. Unfortunately, the kids ate half of them.

Yippee, we can sing Happy Anniversary to each other! I tell you what, though, marriage is not for sissies. We've certainly had our ups & downs. Now, back to our snacks. I'm thinking I may need to take a bit of chocolate if there is none on my pillow. Although, now that I think about it, I brought almost all of my Carnival chocolates home with me. Unfortunately, the kids ate half of them.

Thats funny you would say that just found some Carnival mints when we moved a few months ago:eek::eek: didnt eat them though

:eek:Sorry texancruzer, you caught me, I did miss page 3. Free cereal is the way to go!:)

No biggie......I do it all the time !

Yep, we too are coming up on our 30th in less than a month....... we definately spent less than 2 grand on our wedding.......

Spent $10,000.00 on dd's and she was divorced 3 years later. Glad I did it tho....... was beautiful.

Please folks, take a few moments to realize that spending a lot of money on your wedding and being focused on the marriage are not mutually exclusive.

I have friends who had a $750 wedding and were divorced 2 years later. I have friends who have been happily married for 15 years and had a $125,000 wedding.

Because you spend $2k on a cake has nothing to do with your focus on building a strong mutually respectful and loving relationship.

We hadn't considered taking any food on board, but after some of the replies, I think I may pack 14 andes mints, so we can each have one every night. There is some silly pleasure that comes with chocolates on the pillow.

We have been on many cruises and like many others, we don't bring along snacks since there is so much food on the ship. We don't normally have much in the way of snack foods in the house other than microwave popcorn, but after all, a cruise is a vacation!

That being said, I am not a big fan of french fries and would much prefer a handful of potato chips with my lunch. I think that it was HAL that had deli sandwiches made to order and would give you chips. I understand that it may be a space issue for the ship.

Now that we no longer can get the chicken drumettes from room service, I would love to have a handful of salted nuts with a cold beverage on our balcony as we watch the sun set each evening.

Please folks, take a few moments to realize that spending a lot of money on your wedding and being focused on the marriage are not mutually exclusive.

I have friends who had a $750 wedding and were divorced 2 years later. I have friends who have been happily married for 15 years and had a $125,000 wedding.

Because you spend $2k on a cake has nothing to do with your focus on building a strong mutually respectful and loving relationship.

We hadn't considered taking any food on board, but after some of the replies, I think I may pack 14 andes mints, so we can each have one every night. There is some silly pleasure that comes with chocolates on the pillow.

Yes, you're correct - just making an observation that I've seen, not to imply all brides are that way.

See's Candies and champagne

Now that is my kind of answer! My girlfriends and I JUST had See's candy and champagne in Vegas a few days ago....great combo.

My first thought was, "why would you need to bring snacks onto a cruise." Then I remembered that on my most recent cruise, I brought a bag of Dove Dark Chocolate Promises. Since they don't do the pillow-chocolates any more, I did my own. It worked out well, since the Dove chocolates tasted better than what RCI used to use, anyway. :o

No more pillow chocolates??? I always looked forward to those!

Of course, there is all the food anyone could ever eat on board, but, for me, most of it is just not what I'd call 'snack' food--that is, something small and portable that's easy to pick up and eat.

I don't want to call room service, wait for room service, tip room service, then eat what amounts to a small meal, usually, when all I want is just a little something. I also don't want to traipse around the ship late at night looking for something to snack on--although the cookies at the International Cafe do hit the spot! And I often do take apples or oranges or cookies back to the room after lunch.

I just want something good and quick. A Hershey kiss, a few nuts or chips, licorice (my DH), etc. I don't want a sandwich or piece of cake or.....That's why we always bring a few snacky type foods along, as well as to have something in case we get caught in an airplane or on an excursion without food readily available.

I suppose it is a bad habit to be used to a little candy or something similar a couple of times a day, but I'm healthy and at a decent weight, so I indulge anyway.

Don't think I saw that post. I think that perhaps the tone was more comparative rather than discriminating...... I was married in 1980. I just don't think there was a cake that cost $2000. back then ...... ;)

Archived