B2B Booking Update

orangegrove

My TA contacted Latitudes via email and they credited us for the second week! Yippee - we are now Silver! :) For future bookings I would advise 2 seperate reservations. You can still stay in the same cabin and you would not have to pack up. You would need to go down to Guest Services the day before you disembark and exchange your key card so that it reflects the next week.

My TA contacted Latitudes via email and they credited us for the second week! Yippee - we are now Silver! :) For future bookings I would advise 2 seperate reservations. You can still stay in the same cabin and you would not have to pack up. You would need to go down to Guest Services the day before you disembark and exchange your key card so that it reflects the next week.

Ok, no go for us.

My TA contacted Norwegian and they said that their policy considers 14 days cruise as one credit and wouldn't do anything.

Well, your TA agent is obviously better than mine:D

Ok, no go for us.

My TA contacted Norwegian and they said that their policy considers 14 days cruise as one credit and wouldn't do anything.

Are you taking one 14 day cruise? Or two 7 day cruises with alternating itineraries?

Are you taking one 14 day cruise? Or two 7 day cruises with alternating itineraries?

We booked 14 days Eastern and Western cruise. It is booked under one booking number although in fact it is B2B. We even have to go through the drill again on the second leg:D

I knew that it counts as one credit but orangegrove's TA was able to to get 2 credits for her 14 days cruise. I though I'd give it a try too.

Well, You win, you loose:D

I don't agree that if you book under one reservation that people push NCL for two credits.

Being Platinum we weighed out which would be better, one resy or two. I know that we are as high as you can go but somewhere down the road NCL may add or change the levels.

Having said this it was to our advantage to book at the 14 day price verses 2-7 day prices even factoring in the platinum perks such as dinner at Le Bistro.

I think far too often we want our cake and eat it to!

Ok, no go for us.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I really had no idea that the 14 day was counted as 1 cruise. My TA didn't even know or she would have booked as 2 seperate vacations. She did speak to someone first who told her it goes by days sailed not cruises taken and she knew that was not correct. So she sent an email to Latitudes. It might also be we spent a fortune in the 2 weeks which makes up for the difference! :p:o

Maybe it's just semantics but to me a 14 day cruise leaves a port cruises for 14 days and returns, 1 itinerary!

B2B is two separate 7 day cruises, 2 itineraries!

I am happy Orangegrove got the credit for both, but if they have a "POLICY" for this it should be equally applied to all!

Maybe it's just semantics but to me a 14 day cruise leaves a port cruises for 14 days and returns, 1 itinerary!

B2B is two separate 7 day cruises, 2 itineraries!

I am happy Orangegrove got the credit for both, but if they have a "POLICY" for this it should be equally applied to all!

I totally agree, they should not sell this as a 14 day. It is misleading, my agent also assumed I would get 2 cruise credit. I understand a 15 day Panama Cruise is 1 itinerary. Single credit, I have no objection to that.

If I have to get off the ship, go through customs, wait in the terminal and get back on, that is a second trip.

They should design the program that every 7 days you recieve 1 cruise credit. How hard can it be to divide days? :confused:

I don't agree that if you book under one reservation that people push NCL for two credits.

Being Platinum we weighed out which would be better, one resy or two. I know that we are as high as you can go but somewhere down the road NCL may add or change the levels.

Having said this it was to our advantage to book at the 14 day price verses 2-7 day prices even factoring in the platinum perks such as dinner at Le Bistro.

I think far too often we want our cake and eat it to!

As many of us here think the fact that 3 days cruise and 14 days cruise get 1 credit is just not right. But this is the policy of many cruse lines so be it.

Saying this I still think that the cruise we booked IS B2B.

We go through customs and board the ship in Miami, have a drill, start Eastern leg of the cruise , come back to Miami in 7 days, go through customs, get off the ship,

go back, go through the drill again as if we would just boarded the ship the first time, start Western leg of the cruise, in 7 days come back to Miami, go through customs, disembark.

Looks like B2B to me no matter how many booking numbers we have.

Oh well.....

Isn't a B2B just two seven-day cruises, booked either as a single reservation, or can't you just book each cruise separately? Two bookings = two credits, right? Is there any price difference doing it that way? Seems pretty obvious, what am I missing?

Isn't a B2B just two seven-day cruises, booked either as a single reservation, or can't you just book each cruise separately? Two bookings = two credits, right? Is there any price difference doing it that way? Seems pretty obvious, what am I missing?

You can book it as 2 weeks. At time of booking I did not know that I should book it that way. My trip was booked as a 14 day through trip. I attended a future cruise talk while on board the Epic and the rep stated you need to book b2b cruises as 2 seperate cruises with 2 seperate reservation numbers. That is when I realized that is not what I did. NCL advertises this cruise as a 7 day Eastern, 7 day Western, or 14 day Eastern/Western. I incorrectly assumed this would give me 2 credits. I don't know if I had booked 2 seperated reservations if it would have been more.

I have found if you want to do anything with latitude make sure you deal with latitudes people at NCL, In the UK this is easy we have a seperate No. to call.

Always check pricing for these B2B that are offered as a single sailing the prices do vary some time a lot if one leg is on a discount.

Another advantage of the 2 booking, 2 chances for a call from the upsell desk.

As a result of reading this thread, I sent an email to Latitudes at London Guest Services asking if I would receive 2 credits and I received the following reply:

Thank you for booking with Norwegian Cruise Line.

You do not have to do the lifeboat drill again for the second week.

You will only get one latitude credit for this cruise as you only have one reservation number.

You will have to go through emigration at the end of the cruise.

Many thanks

Abigail

So that's that then.

Archived