What do we have to make reservations for

xcell

So this is the first time being on "My Time" dining...can we pre-book this on the internet or do we wait until the boat. I have DD4 and DD7 - is there a family dining that they will come and pick them up and bring them to adventure ocean?

What else do we have to pre-book? The shows? Again, on the boat or through the internet?

So this is the first time being on "My Time" dining...can we pre-book this on the internet or do we wait until the boat. I have DD4 and DD7 - is there a family dining that they will come and pick them up and bring them to adventure ocean?

What else do we have to pre-book? The shows? Again, on the boat or through the internet?

Book the shows online!

Prior to your cruise!

Many of the shows were sold out.

(I am just off the Oasis)

At show time, there was typically a line of people waiting to get into the show, who had no reservation.

They would let them in about 10 minutes before showtime.

But, then they had to deal with not being able to sit together,

or just not having good seats.

So, reserve all of your shows online, months before your cruise, .....

and then relax onboard!

How early online can you reserve the tickets? For my Dec 5th, 200 cruise, I can't find the option to reserve the shows. Right now, options are for food & drink and shore excursion.

Good morning. I think with the shows u have to reserve them when u get onboard. I'm trying also to reserve a couple. Unless u booked online thru rc from what I remember. I could be and maybe I am wrong. I'm still a newbie with the cruising. Anyway good luck

How early online can you reserve the tickets? For my Dec 5th, 200 cruise, I can't find the option to reserve the shows. Right now, options are for food & drink and shore excursion.

About 90 days out give or take...

I think the website allows booking shows between 60-90 days before. I did mine middle of June and i leave Aug 21.

Booking shows is a new concept to me...

Can anyone explain what shows need to be booked? Are there reserved seats? Any priority for Crown & Anchor Diamond? Anything else?

Thanks...

Hey Steve....pre-booking for entertainment should open about 60-90 days before sailing. You defiantly want to pre-book all your shows as most are booked already by the time you get on the ship. They do have stand-by lines you can wait on if there is show you want to see but don't have booked....most of the time you will get in but they wait till like 5 minutes right before the show starts. It's a little tricky planning ahead of time for everything BUT once you do this it's a breeze. The first to book up is usually the comedy club as it's the smallest venue. There are no reserved seats other than for suite guests and no priority booking or entry for D members.

So...I am trying to wrap my head around this one...

Is this ALL of the major shows?

Do we know the ship's schedule ahead of time so we can plan?

YES....all shows.

The schedules for Allure haven't been posted yet....if you want to get an idea of Oasis's...go to the website...pull up oasis and look for "SHOWS AT A GLANCE"

YES....all shows.

The schedules for Allure haven't been posted yet....if you want to get an idea of Oasis's...go to the website...pull up oasis and look for "SHOWS AT A GLANCE"

Now I know this is going to drive me a little crazy...We're so accustomed to just checking the program each day and deciding where to go...This appears to take a bit of planning...

I pulled up an Oasis Western Caribbean cruise and found "Showtimes at a glance"...

For this particular cruise, it shows four venues:

1) Studio B (Ice Rink)

2) The Aquatheater

3) Comedy Live; and

4) Opal Theater

Studio B has 6 45 minute Ice shows, 2 per day on three days...I am assuming all Ice shows are identical, so once is enough, correct?

The Aquatheater has 6 water shows over 3 dates, all the same again, no?

Opal Theater has, in this case, three showings of "Hairspray" over two dates, three "Headliner Shows" over two dates and three "Come Fly with Me" shows over two dates...I assume that "Hairspray" is the same 90 minute broadway show--take your choice of time...Is the "Headliner" the same show, repeated thrice? Same with "Come Fly with Me"--is that the typical singer and dancer production show? So, I take it you just choose one of each?

Comedy Live--here is the question...They show 17 showtimes, 2 or 3 per night all 7 nights...Are there different comedians? Or are many or all of these "repeats"? Do we try to squeeze in as many as we can? Or do we go once and then we've seen it? Or, if there are more than one comedian, how do you know who is playing which show? Then there is one show entitles "Throw Me a Line"...one time only...improv?

Next, do they give you tickets? Are you on a list? Or do they scan your sea pass? Can you leave to use the rest room and come back?

When they do appear on the website, will we be able to just go through a list and click off everything we want...or is there a more involved process?

Thanks...

Now I know this is going to drive me a little crazy...We're so accustomed to just checking the program each day and deciding where to go...This appears to take a bit of planning...

I pulled up an Oasis Western Caribbean cruise and found "Showtimes at a glance"...

For this particular cruise, it shows four venues:

1) Studio B (Ice Rink)

2) The Aquatheater

3) Comedy Live; and

4) Opal Theater

Studio B has 6 45 minute Ice shows, 2 per day on three days...I am assuming all Ice shows are identical, so once is enough, correct?

The Aquatheater has 6 water shows over 3 dates, all the same again, no?

Opal Theater has, in this case, three showings of "Hairspray" over two dates, three "Headliner Shows" over two dates and three "Come Fly with Me" shows over two dates...I assume that "Hairspray" is the same 90 minute broadway show--take your choice of time...Is the "Headliner" the same show, repeated thrice? Same with "Come Fly with Me"--is that the typical singer and dancer production show? So, I take it you just choose one of each?

Comedy Live--here is the question...They show 17 showtimes, 2 or 3 per night all 7 nights...Are there different comedians? Or are many or all of these "repeats"? Do we try to squeeze in as many as we can? Or do we go once and then we've seen it? Or, if there are more than one comedian, how do you know who is playing which show? Then there is one show entitles "Throw Me a Line"...one time only...improv?

Next, do they give you tickets? Are you on a list? Or do they scan your sea pass? Can you leave to use the rest room and come back?

When they do appear on the website, will we be able to just go through a list and click off everything we want...or is there a more involved process?

Thanks...

Yes....all the shows are the same. You will ONLY be able to make one reservation for each show....that is all the system allows you...if you want to see a show again you will have to wait on the stand-by line and if there is room available 5-10 minutes before the show starts you can get in. The reservation process is very simple....pretty much the same as making specialty dining reservation less the payment of course. Everything is loaded on your seapass card.....they scan it and it will show that you made a reservation for the date and time. I would also keep a hard copy of all the reservations you made as a back-up. Once you get aboard you can IF AVAILABLE make changes to show dates and times....but again ONLY if available and it could be quite time consuming. Not sure what level you are at but I was even in a suite and had full concierge service and the help that could offer to change or add reservations for me was limited. I believe (as per my VERY strong suggestion) that suite guests now have full access to all show except for the comedy show with no advance reservations.

So...I am trying to wrap my head around this one...

Is this ALL shows?

Do we know the ship's schedule ahead of time so we can plan?

Im leaving 9/11 and im all booked! I booked all shows, my time dining,excursions. They say 90 days out, but I found that not to be true. Everything opened at different times. I checked 3 times a day. Then one day something opened and I made my reservation for that. So keep checking and you wont miss a thing.

Archived