Water for Formula

mrsamandal

We leave tomorrow and, of course, when I got ready to pack the gallon of water, the pressure caused it to leak. So, is the ship's water safe to mix formula with for 5 days for a 7 month old? We are going on Carnival. I'm hoping it's fine to use the ships tap water, but knew this was the place to come to ask.

We leave tomorrow and, of course, when I got ready to pack the gallon of water, the pressure caused it to leak. So, is the ship's water safe to mix formula with for 5 days for a 7 month old? We are going on Carnival. I'm hoping it's fine to use the ships tap water, but knew this was the place to come to ask.

Everyone says the ships water is safe....

We ordered a large carafe of hot water from room service for morning delivery every night.

We filled bottles with the hot water to let the water cool and kept the carafe with the rest of the hot water out of sight of the room steward so he wouldnt 'clean it up'. When we were ready to feed the baby we would empty some cool water out of the bottle and fill with hot water to bring to a decent room temp.

This way the water is a good temp and has been at, or near, boiling.

Everyone says the ships water is safe....

We ordered a large carafe of hot water from room service for morning delivery every night.

We filled bottles with the hot water to let the water cool and kept the carafe with the rest of the hot water out of sight of the room steward so he wouldnt 'clean it up'. When we were ready to feed the baby we would empty some cool water out of the bottle and fill with hot water to bring to a decent room temp.

This way the water is a good temp and has been at, or near, boiling.

Hi SAS!! Not sure if you remember me (Charlene), but i use to post on the cruise wedding board back in 2008. So good to see you here and i see you have added another addition to the family!

On carnival, you will find a large bottle of bottled water (like a 1.5 liter) already in your room. If you open it, I think the charge is $5. Your room steward will happily keep you stocked with these if you don't want to bring your own.

The tap water on the Carnival Pride was fine for the 7 of my family. My youngest was 4 and I did not have infant formula to consider.

We brought 2 cases of bottled water with us - a far better bargain than what they sell but more of a logistical pain. We used duct tape to re-enforce the plastic packaging and to make a sturdy handle and checked them as checked luggage.

My advice is to try the tap water and if it is a problem, buy the bottled water. You probably are not looking at more than one bottle a day if you are just making formula.

hb5

Hi SAS!! Not sure if you remember me (Charlene), but i use to post on the cruise wedding board back in 2008. So good to see you here and i see you have added another addition to the family!

Hi Charlene! Good to see you :) We did have a second baby, a girl. She is actually almost two now. They grow fast. You little daughter is gorgeous :)

We have actually brought flats of bottled water onto RCCL before. We just tape our room number to each of the 4 sides and check it as luggage with the port guys. We have never had a problem BUT if we ever did I was always going to say that it was for the baby and push back on them with 'just not being comfortable having my baby drink the ships water' if they decided to push the idea.

Happy Cruising

I've tried carafes of hot water from room service on DCL, RCCL and Carnival. I like to have my tea. :D Each time, the water has always tasted strongly of coffee. I would much rather give a baby a bottle made from the tap. Otherwise, I would go get my own from the hot water dispenser at the coffee shop.

Hi Charlene! Good to see you :) We did have a second baby, a girl. She is actually almost two now. They grow fast. You little daughter is gorgeous :)

We have actually brought flats of bottled water onto RCCL before. We just tape our room number to each of the 4 sides and check it as luggage with the port guys. We have never had a problem BUT if we ever did I was always going to say that it was for the baby and push back on them with 'just not being comfortable having my baby drink the ships water' if they decided to push the idea.

Happy Cruising

Thanks Sas =)

Wow, 2?! Sure does go by fast. My little lady is 8 months. Just found out im pregnant again! Kinda nervous lol. Worst part is no drinking or hot tubbing on the cruise in October. Im trying to look on the bright side- i wont feel guilty about eating at the buffet all day long! lol.

Good "seeing" you again, i think about the cruise wedding girls often :D

Archived