Diamond Princess July 10th Review is done

CALMOM

We are doing a B/B on the Diamond in 3 weeks so will read with interest...thanks.:)

You are so lucky, you will be double the pleasure and the opportunity to do double the excursions, if you want. I can't wait to go back. Alaska is definitely, my favorite place to cruise.

I enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for posting the link.

One comment: You said you would only cruise Princess because they go to both Hubbard and Glacier Bay. That is true for this year, but it was not the case in 2008 when I cruised. From year to year, itineraries change, so there is no guarentee how long they will continue with this itinerary. I definitely would have chosen it if it had been offered in 2008.

HAL has an itinerary for 2010 that goes to both, but it is a 14 day cruise which also visits Sitka, Kodiak, Anchorage, Homer and the usual other pots. For 2011 it will substitute Icy Strait for Skagway. Currently it lists Tracy Arm instead of Glacier Bay, but it did the same thing in 2009 for the 2010 sailing. Later in 2009 the itinerary was adjusted to show Glacier Bay had been substituted. So, it is just a good idea to keep tabs on the cruiselines and what they offer each year as it does change.

I enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for posting the link.

One comment: You said you would only cruise Princess because they go to both Hubbard and Glacier Bay. That is true for this year, but it was not the case in 2008 when I cruised. From year to year, itineraries change, so there is no guarentee how long they will continue with this itinerary. I definitely would have chosen it if it had been offered in 2008.

HAL has an itinerary for 2010 that goes to both, but it is a 14 day cruise which also visits Sitka, Kodiak, Anchorage, Homer and the usual other pots. For 2011 it will substitute Icy Strait for Skagway. Currently it lists Tracy Arm instead of Glacier Bay, but it did the same thing in 2009 for the 2010 sailing. Later in 2009 the itinerary was adjusted to show Glacier Bay had been substituted. So, it is just a good idea to keep tabs on the cruiselines and what they offer each year as it does change.

I agree, you do have keep updated where everyone goes. We sailed with Princess in 2007 because it had the itinerary as this year, including Hubbard and Glacier Bay. I am surprised that Princess did not have the same itinerary for 2008, as they did for 2007, 2009 & 2010. I honestly can't imagine cruising to Alaska without Hubbard and Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway. I love those ports and there is still so much I want to still do in those ports. Perhaps, way down the road I may want a change in the itinerary but not for several trips to come.

Archived