What a FANTASTIC Epic Video

UK_Cruiser

Thanks so much for all the kind words. I did this video. The wife wasnt thrilled I took so much video, lol, but she is happy with the memory she has now. I did edit it with Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro (A lot of emails have been asking me). Its a big learning curve but if your a beginer, I like Cyberlink Power Director as a nice, easy begining editing program that does neat stuff.

As far as NCL using it as a promotional video, heck, for a free cruise for my family and friends, they can have it! Heck, id even shoot a new one if they gave me a free Epic cruise....

Havent heard from NCL yet though. Maybe someone here can spread the word to them that this video has inspired them to take a cruise!

Anyway, thanks again everyone, so glad you enjoyed the video, my friends, and family!

Harlan

You sir have a real talent.

Absolutely superb work and it really really gives a real feel of just how much fun cruising is.

I am going to show your video to friends and family of mine that turn their noses up at the thought of cruising.

Thank you very much for posting your video on Youtube.

Mike

You sir have a real talent.

...it really gives a real feel of just how much fun cruising is.

I am going to show your video to friends and family of mine that turn their noses up at the thought of cruising.

Agree. Well done video clip.

This is about cruising and going places.

Nothing about the Epic though.

Same clip may be about Carnival, Costa, etc., etc.....

Is there anything you can be positive about :confused: Carnival, Costa, etc., etc all have Nick characters and shows, the Epic Plung, Teppanyaki, Fat Cats, Bliss, Le Bistro, .......and an Ice Bar :rolleyes:

Is there anything you can be positive about :confused: Carnival, Costa, etc., etc all have Nick characters and shows, the Epic Plung, Teppanyaki, Fat Cats, Bliss, Le Bistro, .......and an Ice Bar :rolleyes:

Any ship has TONS of stuff like this and even more.

This video is so nice because of the WAY IT HAS BEEN DONE.

Nice funny girl, dynamic montage, music...

There may be any ANY ship behind this.

Again, well done!

I wonder how Carnival & Costa would feel about having all those shots of Norwegian EPIC in their videos....

Isn't Norwegian the only line with a Teppanyaki grill? There are at least 4 shots in that video of Teppanyaki.

I'm guessing from the comments of the videographer that they thought it was NCL EPIC specific.

EZ

I'm guessing from the comments of the videographer that they thought it was NCL EPIC specific.

EZ

and NCL thought it was Epic specific but keep in mind lusitanica often sees things differently through what seems to be his 1/2 empty glass. ;)

I wonder how Carnival & Costa would feel about having all those shots of Norwegian EPIC in their videos....

Isn't Norwegian the only line with a Teppanyaki grill? There are at least 4 shots in that video of Teppanyaki.

EZ

You did not get the point.

We are talking about the video.

Why is it so lovely?

This is a colorful, short, dynamic clip about the nice "main character" and her family having fun in a tropical islands cruise.

It's not informative, it's emotional. That's why it has emotional feedback.

Who cares about Teppaniaki on the background? It can be Teppaniaki or not Teppaniaki - it does not matter. This video is not about the ship.

This is not another longer video tour with the whole list of "facilities".

All ships are full of fun. Select pictures/videos of any other ship, put them in this clip, add the name of the ship.

What will change?

Nothing.

Same lovely video clip about having fun cruising tropical islands.

:)

You did not get the point.

We are talking about the video.

Why is it so lovely?

This is a colorful, short, dynamic clip about the nice "main character" and her family having fun in a tropical islands cruise.

It's not informative, it's emotional. That's why it has emotional feedback.

Who cares about Teppaniaki on the background? It can be Teppaniaki or not Teppaniaki - it does not matter. This video is not about the ship.

This is not another longer video tour with the whole list of "facilities".

All ships are full of fun. Select pictures/videos of any other ship, put them in this clip, add the name of the ship.

What will change?

Nothing.

Same lovely video clip about having fun cruising tropical islands.

:)

Great compliment. I appreciate your perspective. I was however inspired to do the video by the Epic. I have been on other ships and have never wanted to do a video. The Epic was literally like being on a resort at sea, with BETTER entertainment. I was also inspired by the friendly crew, and tried to capture their essense.

YIKES :eek:

I've never been happier that I went back to school. I just received an email from Adobe saying that my student status has been approved, and so I was able to purchase Adobe After Effect as part of a bundle that also includes Photoshop and other editing/production software for $471 including shipping!!!! I'm so excited. I've watched this clip over and over, shown it to my whole family, and have even pulled it up for friends! I can't wait to play with it and make my own - and of course, share them!! :)

I've never been happier that I went back to school. I just received an email from Adobe saying that my student status has been approved, and so I was able to purchase Adobe After Effect as part of a bundle that also includes Photoshop and other editing/production software for $471 including shipping!!!! I'm so excited. I've watched this clip over and over, shown it to my whole family, and have even pulled it up for friends! I can't wait to play with it and make my own - and of course, share them!! :)

Congrats. I actually signed up for a photography degree last year and was going to do the same thing (with the funds), but at the last moment, I changed my mind and started nursing school instead. I would still like to throw in some photography classes some time in the future. It's one of my passions. Although I already have all the photography programs (and tons of them). Just no editing programs for videos (other than what comes with windows). I've been trying to talk my husband in to going back to school to do videos and stuff. He has so many friends that are into that type of production and it's so neat. He will just have to wait 3 years until I'm done with school. :D Good luck to you. :)

Photoshop and After Effects for 471? I'm taking a course too, wonder if I'd qualify. Do you have the link you found this at? The only thing I find on Adobe's webpage which includes those two products is $899. I prefer $471! :)

Let me know if you need some good resources for After Effects after you get the program.

BTW - Almost 3000K hits in under 2 weeks. Mostly Cruise Critic fans! Thanks again!

No problem Kenny.

I showed it to my wife and she had the biggest smile on her face that I think I have ever seen from her.

Just 2 1/2 weeks to go now !!!! :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived