Free drinks when you buy the Shopping Book??

The new "book" is not even a book at all. It is just a Parazul travel organizer with some port specific coupons inside.

You now get a 20% discount on a drink if you buy one at regular price.

It is nothing like the old Savvy Traveler.

Where do you get the book from? I am sailing Freedom in June. Wondering if they have it on here. THanks

They sell it on-board the ship at the port and shopping show. If we are going to ports that we have not visited previously, we go to the show to get a "lay of the land".

Basically it is a 45 minute commercial, but the port and shopping guide can have some useful information.

• 2 months later...

When we were on the Serenade in October they had the book. It is not worth it at all,. The free stuff on the islands are junk. The stones are so small you just give them to a little neice. They did not have the BOGO fot the drinks, if they did then it might be worth the money.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all -- Figured I would refresh this post and see if this BOGO DOD offer is still available in these coupon books? We are sailing the Serenade in July. Also, do you purchase the book within an actual store on the ship, or only available during the shopping run-through/sales pitch? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

We were on the Jewel in February. The shopping "book" is now a portfolio style organizer, and there was no buy one get one offer when you bought it. Instead the incentive was a discount on an excursion. I can't remember what the discount was, whether it was a buy one get one or not, but it was only valid on one excursion, not on however many you purchased during the cruise. For our cruise, the deal would have been worth it if you bought the most pricey panama canal excursion, but otherwise not.

I specifically asked about the drink offer, and was told that was no longer being offered.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from the Serenade in southern Caribbean. Wife and daughter both bought the 'organizer' for $30, based on the sales pitch about all the free jewelry that came with it. Well, nothing comes with it except coupons that have to be redeemed at various stores in all the ports that the ship visited. In most of these stores (there were a couple of exceptions) , when they realized you were just there to redeem the coupons, they were extremely rude and in some cases, actually tossed the charm, or whatever, on the case top and walked away. Both my wife and daughter agreed that it was not worth the $30 at all. BTW, there were no coupons for anything onboard the ship.

Archived