Are they nuts!!!

sawsea27

azamara has recently raised its february 15 carib 12 day for a veranda from 2699 to 3599....

are they nuts!!!

the site also shows that just about all of it is sold out...would love to know if that were true....those with that magic wand could perhaps tell me...

unless a big promotion is on the horizon, so the scam is raise the prices incredibly then offer a deal and see how many will jump for it...

just love the antics of their strategy...very erratic and bizzare..

azamara has recently raised its february 15 carib 12 day for a veranda from 2699 to 3599....

are they nuts!!!

the site also shows that just about all of it is sold out...would love to know if that were true....those with that magic wand could perhaps tell me...

unless a big promotion is on the horizon, so the scam is raise the prices incredibly then offer a deal and see how many will jump for it...

Sawsea, are you already booked on this cruise or not?

are they nuts!!!

It would appear that everything else is sold out and there are 15 cabins available at the $3549 price. No antics - just sold out of every veranda cabin at a lower price.

are they nuts!!!

It's far from sold out.

Available: 4 PH, 2 RS, 11 S1, 6 S2, 7 SV, 15 1A, 1B and C sold out, 31 outside and 4 insides left.

I guess crzrr has answered it...but thanks for the offer of help..

just cant believe it is all sold out...probably they have just pulled it off the shelves to make it seem that way...to try and sell the higher end ones..

yes I am extremely cynical...but can you blame me...

I have a deposit on this one..but am watching it...could not take advantage of the latest promo...since only for new bookings...

so watching and hoping it would go down..and it did for a while...with a bogus offer of balcony for OV price...

so it goes...the azamara saga continues...

Hi TAKEMEWITHYOU, I have enjoyed reading your posts and appreciate very much the knowledge you share on the CC boards. We are sailing for the first time on Azamara, October 23, "The Presidents Cruise", do you know if this ship is sailing full? There have been a few changes in itinerary and a few other "glitches" that I am concerned about. I think we have about 8 CC members signed up on our "Roll Call" and a few have posted that they have received documents that are not in alignment with what was promised by Azamara on this cruise. Our travel agent has left the company so I am not getting any information from that source. Best Regards Lanz

Hi TAKEMEWITHYOU, I have enjoyed reading your posts and appreciate very much the knowledge you share on the CC boards. We are sailing for the first time on Azamara, October 23, "The Presidents Cruise", do you know if this ship is sailing full? There have been a few changes in itinerary and a few other "glitches" that I am concerned about. I think we have about 8 CC members signed up on our "Roll Call" and a few have posted that they have received documents that are not in alignment with what was promised by Azamara on this cruise. Our travel agent has left the company so I am not getting any information from that source. Best Regards Lanz

Hi Lanz! Thank you for the nice comments. :o

I checked your cruise - there is a lot of availability.

6 PH, 3 RS, 13 S1, 13 S2, 10 SV, 15 1A, 30 1B, 2 1C, outside - guarantee only, 23 insides. That's 115 empty cabins by my count.

If you post some specific concerns, maybe we can help you sort it out.

I think some have reported here that some of the new policies Azamara has implemented have not been updated in the cruise documents. I have my cruise docs for my Sept cruise, but really haven't read through them. I think the alcohol policy hasn't been updated, for one. It still says you can't bring alcohol purchased in the ports onboard and that's not true anymore. Another discrepancy that's been pointed out on our roll call - the pier we are supposed to leaving from is different than what is listed in the cruise docs for Venice. It seems they can't get their act together to update their web site or their cruise docs with changes - even their own new policies!

Still, the experience once onboard is very high quality. It's dealing with the frustrations prior to the cruise that are difficult.

Lanz - I take that back - I just read through my cruise docs and the only discrepancy is the pier in Venice is different that what everyone on the roll call thought it would be.

It appears the gratuity and alcohol policy agree with the current changes that were announced. It does say alcohol can be brought on for private consumption in your atateroom and gratuites are included - so that's good! :)

Lanz - I take that back - I just read through my cruise docs and the only discrepancy is the pier in Venice is different that what everyone on the roll call thought it would be.

It appears the gratuity and alcohol policy agree with the current changes that were announced. It does say alcohol can be brought on for private consumption in your atateroom and gratuites are included - so that's good! :)

On the alcohol policy. Can you bring beer and hard liquor as well?

just cant believe it is all sold out...probably they have just pulled it off the shelves to make it seem that way...to try and sell the higher end ones..

I have a deposit on this one..but am watching it...could not take advantage of the latest promo...since only for new bookings...

so watching and hoping it would go down..and it did for a while...with a bogus offer of balcony for OV price...

$2,699.00 for a balcony for 12 nights honesty doesn't sound that bad to me, and of course the gratuities are now included. Even if one doesn't drink alcohol, the unlimited cola is worth around $70.00pp (approx cost if you bought a package in the past, not to mention they are now unlimited in your stateroom - before only in Suites). And, if you transfer to a TA you should be able to find one that can discount about $200.00pp (based on what I have been told for a 12 night cruise at about the same price).

So, I don't know what discount you have been hoping for. And, btw, 12 nights in Europe next year is running $4,449,00 for the lowest balcony.

Just fyi.

Thank you "tmwy", very much appreciate your quick response, I guess we're just a little nervous, although veteran cruisers we've never sailed AZ and we have airfare booked from the US thus if this ship doesn't sail or if there is a major change in IT we lose a lot of money............but I'd rather lose the money than have a bad cruise, not expecting a perfect cruise, there is no such thing in my opinion. It appears that AZ needs work with their administration and marketing processes but for the most part the cruise reviews have been good. Best Regards Lanz

Thank you "tmwy", very much appreciate your quick response, I guess we're just a little nervous, although veteran cruisers we've never sailed AZ and we have airfare booked from the US thus if this ship doesn't sail or if there is a major change in IT we lose a lot of money............but I'd rather lose the money than have a bad cruise, not expecting a perfect cruise, there is no such thing in my opinion. It appears that AZ needs work with their administration and marketing processes but for the most part the cruise reviews have been good. Best Regards Lanz

We cruised Azamara for the first time in Dec. on a transatlantic. It was a great cruise and we loved everything about it - except the mattresses and the coffee (not a perfect cruise, but pretty close). We survived the mattress situation with a mattress topper. Remember you can request one if you have an issue.

I understand the part about being a little nervous......lately there seem to be quite a few complaints about the food. We thought the food was better than Celebrity and we like Celebrity's food to begin with. I doubt the food quality had gone down hill this fast, but we shall see. This will probably have be our last Azamara cruise unless the prices decrease, however.

I am sure the ship will sail! Hopefully the itinerary is done being tweeked by now. I hope you have a wonderful cruise and do a review when you return. :)

are they nuts!!!

Hi Sawsea !

I realize you may never be happy with Azamara, but seriously..... calling THEM nuts for raising their prices on 1 particular sailing ??? Do you expect them to hold the price down just for you ? February is typically a busy time of the Winter Cruise season, and the bulk of the verandas on the sailing are booked. Obviously, they feel the remaining verandas can be sold for higher prices. Will that happen ? Who knows.... but this isnt antics, or erratic, or bizarre. Its called supply and demand pricing.

As a point of reference, Oceania has a 12 night sailing on Regatta on 2/3/11. Most of the balconies appear to be sold out, and the lowest available veranda is a Cat A3 @ $4,199 per person. After looking at Oceania's price, Azamara's price is not out of line !

While I do not always agree with Azamara's promotions, there is nothing at all unusual about this particular sailing. Further, if they dont sell the cabins, the prices may come down again. ALL Cruise lines do price adjusting on a regular basis, so keep checking the prices.

Have you thought about choosing a different sailing date, or perhaps another Cruise line ? I think that would be your best option, and I hope you can find a line that suits your needs. Good Luck !

$2,699.00 for a balcony for 12 nights honesty doesn't sound that bad to me, and of course the gratuities are now included. Even if one doesn't drink alcohol, the unlimited cola is worth around $70.00pp (approx cost if you bought a package in the past, not to mention they are now unlimited in your stateroom - before only in Suites). And, if you transfer to a TA you should be able to find one that can discount about $200.00pp (based on what I have been told for a 12 night cruise at about the same price).

So, I don't know what discount you have been hoping for. And, btw, 12 nights in Europe next year is running $4,449,00 for the lowest balcony.

Just fyi.

We booked 12 night Caribbean for 3/2011 for $2999 pp, but we get a $1000 OBC. When we sailed in March 2010 a similar itinerary was $2099 plus we had to pay gratuities, etc. So, $2699 sounded pretty good to us!!

Keep in mind that Azamara, like many cruise lines and most airlines, uses computer programs to predict and set pricing. There isn't some person sitting at a desk in Miami with a pencil, chart & green eyeshade. Some event (supply drops below a certain amount, group booking, etc. ) has to occur for the computer program to change pricing. Most pricing models are quite precise and there is little that is "nuts" about the process.

We booked 12 night Caribbean for 3/2011 for $2999 pp, but we get a $1000 OBC. When we sailed in March 2010 a similar itinerary was $2099 plus we had to pay gratuities, etc. So, $2699 sounded pretty good to us!!

Oops, meant to say we are paying $2699 for 3/11 cruise!!

well today the price is down again to $2899...so the games continue...but a few weeks ago it really was $2699...

2 cabins opened up at a LOWER balcony rate...they are $2899. The lowest balcony cabin is sold out. That one was $2699.00.

It would be good if you spent a small amount of time to ensure your information is correct before sounding the alarm. You seem to be looking for issues where none exist.

I agree with Host Andy. He has made some extremely valid points.

I am sure that everyone on the thread wishes you ---

Happy sailings, ALWAYS

well today the price is down again to $2899...so the games continue...but a few weeks ago it really was $2699...

Once again, no games, no antics! Yesterday when you were discussing the $3549 price, you were discussing a 1A category. A 1A is still that price today. It would appear that (2) 1C's opened up today at a price of $2899. In discussing price, it helps to make your point if you are discussing the same categories.

Once again, no games, no antics! Yesterday when you were discussing the $3549 price, you were discussing a 1A category. A 1A is still that price today. It would appear that (2) 1C's opened up today at a price of $2899. In discussing price, it helps to make your point if you are discussing the same categories.

Thanks for clarifying, Sue. There are some things that AZ deserves a comment about. This isn't one of them.

Happy sailings (not just ours) - ALWAYS :eek: :D

Will you cancel this reservation if the price does not go below $2,699.00 for you 1C (I think) Verandah? It is unclear what price you hope to get?

Btw, The 1C on Feb 15 is currently $2,899.00, so you got the better deal at $2,699.00 or $400.00 less per stateroom.

Archived