there's a sale going on!

califgary

Over the weekend Princess lowered mini-suite prices for Feb 2011 Mexican Riviera cruises on Sapphire! EVERY mini category is the same price! I already had a reservation (I usually go back and check prices for situations just like this!) and my price went down $180. Check it out if you may be heading Mexican Riviera early next year its quite a deal! Who knows how long it will last.

We booked our Christmas cruise for the Island while on the Sapphire last week. Between the time I booked and the end of the week, the price dropped $200 per person. I was shocked. The future cruise consultant rebooked it at the lower price. I'm going to keep looking between now and final payment date, but I don't think the price can go any lower.

I have been checking the prices on Princess website and noticed they had gone down yesterday. Got our second price reduction since we booked the Sapphire Mexican Rivera cruise 11/27/10. Our Caribe balcony cabin has gone down another $100 per person! Woo hoo!

Where, exactly, on the princess website does one go to see if there has been a price drop? Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm new around these parts!

Just log on, and look for your cruise. I "saved" my cruise, so it's easy for me to get to. Check on details and availability, and "start" the booking process. You don't actually book a cruise - you cancel the booking after you get to the prices in the category that you are interested in.

It becomes obvious why cruiselines are pulling out of the Mexican Riviera. They can't fill the ships unless they lower the price. Companies are in business to make money, so they send the ships where they can fill them at a decent price. In the meantime, kudos to all who got a price break.

It becomes obvious why cruiselines are pulling out of the Mexican Riviera. They can't fill the ships unless they lower the price. Companies are in business to make money, so they send the ships where they can fill them at a decent price. In the meantime, kudos to all who got a price break.

Have you looked at the Caribbean prices in low season (Summer and Fall)??? They are 1/2 of the Mexico prices. They have to lower prices everywhere to fill lower demand season. The economy is horrible and people can't afford the luxury of travel.

Katherine

DD was checking the Princess web site yesterday and saw the price drop. She upgraded to a balcony(from and inside) for only 200/pp more. DH and I will get a credit for the drop in our balcony room!

I'll make sure that DD keeps on checking the web site to see if the price drops again.

Glad to see at least some here have gotten lucky and received a price drop. I can't see that happening anytime soon for my next cruise, the price since I booked has increased by about $1000 per person for my cabin on the Diamond through Australia/New Zealand. At least I'm already locked in at a good rate...

I called my TA today and mine went down $300 for our Mexico cruise in April 2011! YAY!

What sailing is that, can I ask? I just logged in and see absolutely no sales for our April MX cruise. It's actually more than what we paid when we first booked. UGH. Katherine

I'm so glad I saw this thread. Emailed my TA and we can go from our BA balcony to an AA mini suite for no price increase. Wow! Very excited! This is for the Jan 22, 2011 Mexican Riviera cruise on the Sapphire. I also said we would accept an upgrade since the next upgrade would mean a full suite but looking forward to sailing in a mini suite.

I noticed last night that our cruise on the Diamond Princess from Auckland, New Zealand to Sydney, Australia January 3 - January 15 also went down $430 ($215 per person!) for an inside cabin!!! :D I am anxiously waiting for my TA's office to open so I can get the savings!!! :)

Good luck to all!!!

Archived