looking for beachfront hotel in Miami

carontori

I am looking for a beachfront hotel in Miami for one night post cruise. Any recommendations that won't break the bank???

There really are no beachfront hotels in Miami. You need to look in Miami Beach if you want a beachfront hotel. Miami and Miami Beach are two different cities. You do not state in what month you are travelling; that makes a difference with regard to price. I have stayed at the Colony in Miami beach; it is right on Ocean Drive (beachfront). We paid $200 per night in February 2 years ago. You probably can get a room at half that price in Aug or maybe Sept. It is a decent, clean, no-frills hotel that definitely has an Art Deco flair. Just and aside, the beds are platform beds that are low to the floor. Also, parking in Miami Beach is a hassle and expensive.

Christmas?!? $150?????? :eek:

What I would recommend is try a place out by the airport, Embassy Suites has a pretty good cruise deal, with transportation from the airport and an option for a shuttle to Port of Miami.

There's an express bus from MIA called the Airport Flyer, you can take the bus for $2.35 from the airport to Miami Beach. It runs until 11:00 PM.

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/library/airport_flyer_brochure.pdf

I don't think you'll be able to find anything around the holidays on the beach under $300. If you're absolutely insistant, try Fountainebleau or Sagamore. They're on the beach. Sagamore is closer to Lincoln Rd, Fountainebleau is rather self-contained, but it's big and it's a Hilton (or used to be) so if you have points, you might be able to swing something.

We are looking for something on December 25th, $150.00 if possible and within walking distance of a beach. Near the pier if possible.

Hotels on the beach are not going to be near the pier. They are 2 different areas.

I have stayed at the Sagamore. It is right on the beach and within walking distance to Lincoln Rd mall for dinner and shopping. Right next door to Sagamore is the Ritz Carlton also on the beach.

Sorry, but you will not get a decent hotel on the beach or near the port for that price at Christmas.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm looking around and have seen some reasonable looking places for that date. What I DO know they won't find is a hotel on a beach that is near the port. Any hotel that's near the port is in Miami city, and there aren't beaches in Miami city. So OP will have to decide which is more important - near port or near beach.

Ok, just very quick research, using lastminutetravel, for 12/25/2010, one night, 2 people (who don't care whether they have one bed or two in the room - if your search is for different than that, you may very well not find these results).

I cannot pass any judgment on these hotels as I have no experience with any of them.

Lastminutetravel: 4 star, South Beach $151. Using the hotel ID# it shows to be the Standard hotel (which makes sense as the room is called "Dry Standard".

4 star, South Beach $151. Shows to be Hotel Ocean.

If you expand your search to Middle Beach instead of South Beach, there are other options, although the star level is less (3 star and down)

Now, if you choose Downtown Miami (near the port), Lastminutetravel is still showing the Intercontinental for $84 that night. It's listed as a 5 star hotel and I'm hoping that's right as that's where I'm staying pre-cruise in November!

The Hyatt Regency is also $84 for Christmas night.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm looking around and have seen some reasonable looking places for that date. What I DO know they won't find is a hotel on a beach that is near the port. Any hotel that's near the port is in Miami city, and there aren't beaches in Miami city. So OP will have to decide which is more important - near port or near beach.

Ok, just very quick research, using lastminutetravel, for 12/25/2010, one night, 2 people (who don't care whether they have one bed or two in the room - if your search is for different than that, you may very well not find these results).

I cannot pass any judgment on these hotels as I have no experience with any of them.

Lastminutetravel: 4 star, South Beach $151. Using the hotel ID# it shows to be the Standard hotel (which makes sense as the room is called "Dry Standard".

The Standard Hotel isn't in South Beach and does not have a beach.

Try the Park Central in South Beach. Stayed here at least 3 or 4 times. For the area, the hotel is reasonably priced, clean & the staff is courteous. The beach is right across the street & they provide loungers.

The cab ride will cost about $10 extra to the port from here but it's worth it. The website might state there's a 2 day minimum but I called them & got a room for 1 night in October.

Archived