Mystery symbol on deck/cabin plan

maja

Shhhh .... I kept telling them the noise wasn't from my cabin ...

Too funny!:p

Yes this is my cabin on the 10/30 sailing. Since you stayed in the same cabin & didn't notice anything "odd" & said there's 1 1/2 closets, that's all I care about! I happen to be one of those that prefers hanging clothes & I always bring extra hangers along. I would be lost without the extra closet space. People talk about bring hanging shoe organizers on the ship, I'd be bringing 1 of those rolling wardrobes!!!

Too funny!:p

Yes this is my cabin on the 10/30 sailing. Since you stayed in the same cabin & didn't notice anything "odd" & said there's 1 1/2 closets, that's all I care about! I happen to be one of those that prefers hanging clothes & I always bring extra hangers along. I would be lost without the extra closet space. People talk about bring hanging shoe organizers on the ship, I'd be bringing 1 of those rolling wardrobes!!!

LOL ... that is funny ... ok here's the scoop on the cabin ... starting along the right wall - shower (which is wonderful - has shampoo and body wash and space for your products. There is also a line to steam clothes in there and it worked well ... took the big wrinkles out of my linen pants), sink with big pullout basket compartment below and lots of towel cubbies, mirrored medicine cabinet with lots of storage space. Also space around sink to keep lots of stuff. Next is closet, two racks, one outside door a full length mirror. Then "desk" area starts, semi-circular cabinet (upper) opens and there are 3 deep shelves (one has the safe), below that portion of the desk is the mini-bar and next to that is a little sitting stool. Then there is a lower cabinet with 2 shelves and electric sockets. Next to that is a double cabinet that opens and each door has a wire basket inside. Next is the second 1/2 closet that has a rod that runs front to back (instead of left right) with 3 drawers below.

You are now at the end of the cabin and the sliding glass door to the balcony. There is a really good darkener curtain with magnets on the end so it stays closed.

Now working up the back wall from back to front. Bed ... has little storage on each side (watch, glasses, phone, water bottle) and each side has a reading light. When off at night, there is still a blue neon glow from switch/button that provides a night light. There are also buttons for lights above the bed in the circle, etc. I understand the cabinetry above the bed has some storage too, but I couldn't get it open. You have a few inches from the end of the bed to the couch. The back pillows of the couch pull open and there is extra pillow and blanket and lots of storage space. (plenty of suitcase storage under bed and couch). After the couch is the toilet room ... toilet has a really loud flush. And that is a tour of cabin 12314 ...

I thought the cabin was adorable. I knew it would be small. We did AFT last year on NCL's Pride of America and it was small, so I was well prepared walking into this one and was pleasantly surprised.

You will love it!!! When are you sailing.

Thanks for the great tour! We've booked cabin 12312 - next door -- for the Western Carib. cruise leaving Feb. 5. This will be our 1st fantail cabin and we're very excited!

You will love sailing on the stern of the boat ... and it will be the only cabins you'll want in the future! Your cabin will be a little different than what I described because I think your bed is closer to the entrance vs the balcony. It's nice and quiet back there and an easy walk from the AFT elevator.

Thanks for the description. I'm wondering if it might be structural as some one stated, especially after reading your description of one of the closets which runs front to back instead of side to side. When I was on the 2 nighter in NY, we had 2 side to side closets. Something with the structure around there might be preventing that. As long as it's a closet I'm happy!

I got a report from a friend who just came back, and she said she felt the aft cabins were too far away from everything, and since the ship is so big, it takes forever to get to just about everything except Bliss, the specialty restaurants and a few other things. Did you feel like the walking got to be too much? We have an aft balcony, but were considering changing to be closer to things.

Opinions, please?

I got a report from a friend who just came back, and she said she felt the aft cabins were too far away from everything, and since the ship is so big, it takes forever to get to just about everything except Bliss, the specialty restaurants and a few other things. Did you feel like the walking got to be too much? We have an aft balcony, but were considering changing to be closer to things.

Opinions, please?

If you can walk....walk. It's always good to get exercise on a cruise ship. We will be walking in Oct. from our aft balcony. Can't wait!!!

• 4 months later...

Darn! I hate to hear that this is not a connecting cabin. We are in this cabin on the Feb. 19 sailing. My brother and sister-in-laws are in the cabin next to us. We were really hoping to have them be adjoining, since we have gotten adjoining cabins in the past. It's great when you can open the adjoining room and balcony up. It makes your cabin feel so much bigger.

We also try to book the AFT now whenever we can. You can see more of the scenery as you are sailing past it, if you are on the back of the ship. You kind of get to see both sides, which you wouldn't if you were on one side or the other.

Archived