Noise issues on Oasis - advice please!!

The fore starboard side of Deck 14 (I think it's starboard) has the door to go out onto the wings. The port side is blocked off by Adventure Ocean. There's a lot of traffic on that starboard side at times. I saw the stewards getting upset about having to deal with that that traffic.

I heard little to no noise. After the 70s (or was it 80s?) party let out I heard some noise out on Central Park. Once I heard some teens running through the hall. Otherwise I heard nothing! No conversation between the walls AT ALL! I was on Deck 12 - CP balcony.

Alot of reviews stating they could hear conversations in neighbouring cabins, i'm getting worried! Noise is a huge issue! Other people state they had no problems....oh decisions, decisions!!!

I have never had a noise problem in over 20 cruises except on the balcony when the kids next door were yelling into their cell phones.

I called over and asked them to talk quietly and told them that I would put their conversations up on YouTube if they were loud enough for me to record them. :D

So glad people are re-assuring me. Im travelling with my mother and we are very light sleepers - i can deal with hallway noise but find it very uncomfortable with neighbouring noise/conversations. Im last cabin on the back of Oasis Deck 14 so hopefully a quiet zone! Thank you for your comments - lets hope ifs a near silent cruise....in a good way of course!!!!

Alot of reviews stating they could hear conversations in neighbouring cabins, i'm getting worried! Noise is a huge issue! Other people state they had no problems....

You keep coming back to this. You're going to make yourself sick before you even set foot on the ship.

I urge you to let this go. People have given you good advice and encouragement here. Please just relax and don't stress over something that might not even materialize.

I think the noise issues that occurred when I was on the Oasis on the 17th was......

ME!!!!! Screaming OMG at everything I did and saw! I am sure guest services was notified on many occasions of the excessive noise I was making and it could explain the strange stares I got every time I passed the desk.:eek:

Reminds me of my short cruise on the LOS in Asia earlier this year.

I had a cabin (6558) which was at the end of a block so I only had one neighbour.

Whether the occupants of the adjacent state room were just married, just met or just very (very) good friends, let me just say they seemed to 'like each other a lot' if you know what I mean.

Sure, cruises are meant to be romantic, but to be woken up in the middle of the night by something akin to a Wailing Banshee tended to become annoying after a while.

It was not so bad in the afternoon (goodness only knows what the people passing through the gangways thought), but the novelty did wear off after a while.

They were no spring chickens either!

I would suggest they would need another vacation to get over the exertions of this cruise - fortunately it was only a five nighter.

I must be living in stone age, i have never heard of white noise? Can someone tell me what am i missing out on?! It might be an answer to my problems!! :confused:

Denise - you are worrying so much over something that hasn't even happened yet - you aren't going to enjoy your cruise! White noise is something to block out other sounds - like the others - I use a fan and so that's all I hear - is the noise of the fan. I use it at home every night and I sleep like a baby - it blocks out the noise of vehicles, people talking etc. Forget about the 'noise' - just enjoy the cruise and everything that goes with it - I'm also going to be on the 14th level - the kids are at one end - and you are at the other - RELAX my dear and just enjoy.

Ive been reading a few reviews and some people have experienced alot of noise issues? Have any of ye good people experienced this? My worst nightmare is to be awoken in the middle of the night by noisy neighbours? Ive an end of corridor room on Deck 14 - I hope this isnt going to be a problem, please re-assure me!! :)

Smart travelers always bring earplugs. You never know when you will have a noisy neighbor....just be prepared, and travel smart.

Archived