Anyone recently on the Golden with kids?

444cruiser

We are taking my almost 8 year old to Alaska on the Golden Princess next week. Just wondering if anyone out there has any recent experience with Princess to Alaska.

Did your kid(s) enjoy the kids club? Since my son will not yet be 8, he'll be in with the 3-7 year olds. Do you know if they divide them within that group? Any information you can give me would be awesome.

I was on the Golden at Christmas with my then 8 year old DD, who has taken many Princess cruises. She has always enjoyed her time in the kids clubs on board. The staff are great and the programs are excellent. I can't recall if the younger kids were divided down into smaller groups but I do know it usually depends how many kids are on board, and how many staff members there are. I have seen it done on some ships and not on others. Usually they do a 3-5 and 6-8 split if they do that. However, whatever the age grouping is, they stick to it very strictly and are not flexible. Best thing to do is call Princess and find out how many kids are on board. They usual tell you, though they probably won't know the age breakdown for the kids club.

I'm sure you'll be happy with Princess and their kids clubs.

Wasn't on the Golden but on the Sapphire, close enough I think... ;)

Had 3 kids 9, 13 and 16 who went to the clubs for all sea days and even some evenings on port days. Let say we didn't ask them they wanted to go each day. They had a blast and often were there till closing 10pm for the 9 year old and 1am for the teens. We couldn't peek into the younger groups area as they all are sterile areas but there should be lots of activities and kids o ship till labor day.

My daughter loved the Emerald two years ago when she was 7, even though almost 1/2 the kids in the club were non-english speakers in our Med.

You're child and you should have a blast.

Good luck!

We are taking my almost 8 year old to Alaska on the Golden Princess next week. Just wondering if anyone out there has any recent experience with Princess to Alaska.

Did your kid(s) enjoy the kids club? Since my son will not yet be 8, he'll be in with the 3-7 year olds. Do you know if they divide them within that group? Any information you can give me would be awesome.

Archived