Mediterranean Aug/July 2011 - CCL Magic vs Solstice vs Brilliance

BURLINGTON66

Hi we are thinking of cruising the Mediterranean next summer - we have 2 girls 12 and 10. Previously cruised Disney Magic. Appreciate any views on Carnival Magic vs Celebrity Solstice vs RCI Brilliance. Itineraries are very close on all 3. Thanks in advance!

Hi we are thinking of cruising the Mediterranean next summer - we have 2 girls 12 and 10. Previously cruised Disney Magic. Appreciate any views on Carnival Magic vs Celebrity Solstice vs RCI Brilliance. Itineraries are very close on all 3. Thanks in advance!

I vote for the Solstice! Second place the Brilliance...The Solstice is a gorgeous , gorgeous ship and Celebrity "does" the Med very well. I have been to Europe twice on Celebrity (the Med and the Baltic) with our family and I only can say good things about. Lovely decor , good food , excellent Kid´s Club.

No matter what , you´ll have a great time. The Med is fabulous with kids. I want to go back soon!

Kim

The Celebrity Soltice has been getting rave reviews. When our children were the age of yours the always enjoyed Celebrity Cruises and with the new Soltice I would jump at that one because it should be great for the entiire family.

Keith

IMHO pick the cruise for the port first. All ships will have a kids program, but at least for me I'd pick the cruise with the schedule and ports that I dream. I'n not trade Rome, Florence, Venice, Istanbul. Athens, Naples, and Ephsus for Disney or RCCL ( BTW I really wanted one of those two lines for their reputed best childrens experience ). As I look back I'm glad I put ports first. I struggled with "similar" ports and happy I made ports the prioirty, that was hard enough, not factoring the ship and line and angles around features there.

Your girls at first might not appreciate the ports but give them a few years and I think the ship experience will blur versus having been someplace special or not.

Happy planning!

We did Solstice June 2009 with my in-laws and my 13 and 15 yo kids. We had a blast, especially the kids. Lots of socializing for the kids when we were on the boat, which was not much considering the long days in the ports of call. Our kids still speak of the great time they had visiting all the fascinating ancient cities and ruins. We did do the European water park in Rhodes and the beach in Santorini for a break with the kids.

All in all, the Solstice experience was awesome. I wish I could go again!

• 9 months later...

Archived