Hawaii-Tahiti-Australia recommendations

criscruise

Got the ok from DH to start the planning for our anniversary cruise. We are semi-flexible with timing. I'm thinking March 2012. What I think we would like is cruising from Hawaii to South Pacific Islands (Tahiti, Fiji, etc...) and ending in Australia. New Zealand would be preferable, but not a must. We've cruised on NCL before and are ok with the larger mass market vessels. Especailly because of the prices. I've seen a few in the $3k price range lately. We're not the $15k price range.

I'd like to stay pre-cruise in Hawaii and post-cruise in Australia. I am expecting it will be about 3 weeks for all this.

Mind you, these are my "hope fors". Has anyone done this cruise that has insight and suggestions? I'd love to hear any advise. Recommended cruise lines, what islands not to miss, time of year, I don't know...anything.

Thanks so much.

We are also looking at the same time frame . Princess currently is the only line that is going from Hawaii to Aust . The cruise about 27 days and cost about

$5K for an inside cabin. You can also do Hawaii to Tahiti (11 days) or Tahiti to Sydney (16 Days):cool: . my opnly issue with all three is the cost of airfare from Canada.

1. SEA PRINCESS - San Francisco - Hawaii - Papeete - New Zealand - Sydney . 29 nights departing San Francisco 17/09/11. Placement Cruise . (Qantas flies direct Sydney to San Francisco 3 times weekly.)

2. SEA PRINCESS - Sydney - New Zealand - Papeete - Hawaii - San Francisco. 29 nights departing Sydney 15/04/12. Placement Cruise . (Qantas flies direct San Francisco to Sydney 3 times weekly.)

3. DAWN PRINCESS - (Round trip ex Sydney) Sydney - New Caledonia - Suva - French Ploynesia - Hawaii - Samoa - Tonga - Sydney . 35 nights departing Sydney 08/04/11 and 13/04/12. (You can fly Sydney/ Hawaii with Hawaiian Airlines.)

4. OCEAN PRINCESS - Hawaii - Papeete - Fiji - New Zealand - Sydney.

27 nights . Departing Hawaii 18/02/12 . (Return flights direct from Sydney to Hawaii with Hawaiian Airlines, or to LAX with Qantas daily, or SFO 3 times a week.) Placement Cruise .

5. DAWN PRINCESS - Los Angeles to Sydney 22 nights departing 15/08/11.

Los Angeles - Hawaii - Tahiti - New Zealand - Sydney . Part of Round Trip World Cruise . (Qantas flies direct daily SYD to LAX.)

Hope this helps . The SEA PRINCESS & OCEAN PRINCESS placement cruises one would not expect to be heavily booked, so more room to move about .

DAWN & SEA PRINCESS are 2,000 pax, whereas OCEAN PRINCESS is 650 .

Archived