Get from Miami Port to Ft Lauderdale airport

Stevie44875

I am looking for a cheaper way to get from the Miami port to the Ft Lauderdale airport after cruise is done. Considering taking taxi to Miami airport then either renting a car or i heard something about a train that runs to the airport from Miami. Anyone have ideas? Too cheap to pay for taxi or private shuttle. Will be using Royal so not sure how much transfer will cost. Thanks!

I know Dollar, National and Alamo have free shuttles from POM to the rental sites - which are close to MIA but not actually at the aiport. Just make your reservation before your cruise because we met people who didn't and all the cars were booked. Then, the rental drop at FLL is clearly marked and right at the airport. Couldn't have been easier.

I was able to book a car online the Sunday before Labor Day with Alamo for ~40 bucks including all fees from MIA to FLL...for only about 10 bucks more than SAS would have cost we now have a lot more flexibility to do a few hours sightseeing before flying back home...will use the Alamo shuttle at the port to get to the rental car facility

I just want to add about booking a SAS shuttle that if you are looking for the most cost effective transporation that is the way to go. Unless you just want to drive around all day I would not book a rental car as it will cost you a lot more plus all the time you will spend picking it up and dropping it off.

Keith

I just want to add about booking a SAS shuttle that if you are looking for the most cost effective transporation that is the way to go. Unless you just want to drive around all day I would not book a rental car as it will cost you a lot more plus all the time you will spend picking it up and dropping it off.

Keith

In our case, renting the car was cheaper (3 of us) including gas. And it took longer to get off the ship (and we had VIP disembarkation and that took only 15 minutes) than it did to pick it up. Because renting the car was so cheap, we stayed another day and a half because we could go where ever we wanted (and got to do an Everglades tour...).

In our case, renting the car was cheaper (3 of us) including gas. And it took longer to get off the ship (and we had VIP disembarkation and that took only 15 minutes) than it did to pick it up. Because renting the car was so cheap, we stayed another day and a half because we could go where ever we wanted (and got to do an Everglades tour...).

If you are staying another day renting a car is good for some but I don't think that is the case for the OP.

In your case, while the rental car was cheaper than the shuttle, I suspect that when you add in the hotel, the meals and the tour that the latter was more expensive, even if you saved a few bucks on the rental car. I'm sure you enjoyed the latter though.

Keith

If you are staying another day renting a car is good for some but I don't think that is the case for the OP.

In your case, while the rental car was cheaper than the shuttle, I suspect that when you add in the hotel, the meals and the tour that the latter was more expensive, even if you saved a few bucks on the rental car. I'm sure you enjoyed the latter though.

Keith

We saved enough on the airfare for not flying out the day the ship returned (and 6 others), it more than paid for the hotel, food, car, etc....

Archived