Thank you RCCL

See what positive vibes can do for a person. So glad to hear that royal stepped up in your situation. Here's to a speedy, full recovery to your sister and a wonderful trip to you and your family.

Thanks for sharing.

All I can say is wow! Huge round of applause goes out to rccl. And to all of you. All u guys will beat this and be able to enjoy lifes comings. My wife and I have been waiting for 6 years to go on our honeymoon as my wife was diagnosed with cancer 2 weeks after we got married. She was going thru what u guys have gone thru. After 6 long years, and after transplant we are finally able to set sail on our honeymoon this December. Stay strong and all will prevail:):) god bless you

I too am a 4 year breast cancer survivor. I know it seems the end of the world right now, but it will get better. :) I was diagnosed with Stage 3 and it had already spread to the lymph nodes, so I needed the mastectomy, but I am still here. I had to do chemo/radiation for one and a half years. I was in and out of the hospital with complications, but I always had people praying for me with lots of support. Tell her to take one day at a time and remain strong. This is what will bring her through it.

I want to thank you for writing something positive about Royal Caribbean, because people seem to only write the negative on here. I know they need to take out their frustrations, but I don't always like to read the negative of things. I love Royal Caribbean and I am so happy that they understood your situation and were willing to make things right for ya'll. Tell your sister I said good luck with her radiation and believe me the chemo was the worst, so I am happy to see she won't need that. I hope ya'll have a great cruise, when ya'll do go.

What a heartwarming story. I too was diagnosed with stage I breast cancer the end of January and my cruise on the Oasis was planned for the end of May. Luckily, my lumpectomies and 6 weeks of radiation were completed by the first week in May and I was able to go on my Oasis cruise and have a wonderful time with my family.

I'm glad that Royal Caribbean was able to help you and your family rearrange your cruise without any penalties or hassles so that all of you can enjoy your Oasis cruise. Bravo to Royal Caribbean and my prayers are with your sister.

After talking it over for about a millisecond, we decided as a family to move the cruise off six months, and make it a celebration of THREE happy events -- two birthdays and six cancer-free months for my sister.

Maybe it was just RCCLs way of rewarding your family for being caring and supportive. People like you make the world a far more pleasant place. Our best wishes for a speedy recovery for your sister. Keep in mind that breast cancer is often genetically linked, and that every gal on that side of the family should probably have a screening exam.

Ginger and I wish you all a great cruise!

Archived