brilliance cruisers where are you?

ddean52

there seems to be a lot of posts about a lot of rcl ships but not all that much about brilliance of the seas..come on!:) we are on her april 8th and i would love to read your recent views of her. recent cruisers, come on a post:) :),,make an "old man" happy.

dean & alice

Excellent ship... beautiful... tons of glass.... incredible artwork... you won't be disappointed!!! Lots of small intimate places to sit and relax... or the schooner bar for a more active place to sit and people watch with a few drinks!!! We did the Ultimate Caribbean... the ports were all great. The ship was large enough to have tons to do, but not so large that you felt like you were in a busy mall or something. We never had to wait for an elevator nor did we have any problems finding deck chairs. The solarium pool area is very nice to relax with a book!!! Don't know about the spa, didn't go. The food was ok... I like just about anything that I don't have to cook or clean up after. Have a great cruise!!!!!

Been on her twice, the last time in March of last year, the Ultimate Caribbean cruise, before that the Circle the Caribbean in 2003, both 11 day cruises. What can I help you with?

Stretch

STRETCH, how do you rate her vs voyager class? how did you enjoy her vs. voyager class? did the lack of a promenade, ice show and general size lessen the cruise experience vs voyager class?

does all the glass on her vs voyager cl. change the experience?

thanks in advance,

dean

STRETCH, how do you rate her vs voyager class? how did you enjoy her vs. voyager class? did the lack of a promenade, ice show and general size lessen the cruise experience vs voyager class?

does all the glass on her vs voyager cl. change the experience?

thanks in advance,

dean

For us, the Brilliance was a perfect size ship. It's funny but the one thing we didn't like about the Explorer was the promenade, too much like being in a mall or something, we didn't miss having an ice show (what's an hour of entertainment on an 11 day cruise anyway?). We liked the layout of the Brilliance and having all that glass in the common areas was great. We never felt cramped or had problems finding seats, loungers etc. It was great sitting at the Schooner bar and watching the ocean pass by. We also had an aft cabin the last time (a hump cabin in 2003) and actually liked both cabins but the size and views from the aft cabin were fantastic. If there is one thing the Voyager class ships have that I liked better than the Brilliance, it was the size of the pool, number of hot tubs, and the tiered areas around the pool. All in all, we preferred the Brilliance over the Explorer by a wide margin and even liked the Seaview Cafe over J.R's. We also liked the idea of having two alternative restaurants, Chops and Portofino's over just having one. I think you're going to like the Brilliance.

Stretch

For us, the Brilliance was a perfect size ship. It's funny but the one thing we didn't like about the Explorer was the promenade, too much like being in a mall or something, we didn't miss having an ice show (what's an hour of entertainment on an 11 day cruise anyway?). We liked the layout of the Brilliance and having all that glass in the common areas was great. We never felt cramped or had problems finding seats, loungers etc. It was great sitting at the Schooner bar and watching the ocean pass by. We also had an aft cabin the last time (a hump cabin in 2003) and actually liked both cabins but the size and views from the aft cabin were fantastic. If there is one thing the Voyager class ships have that I liked better than the Brilliance, it was the size of the pool, number of hot tubs, and the tiered areas around the pool. All in all, we preferred the Brilliance over the Explorer by a wide margin and even liked the Seaview Cafe over J.R's. We also liked the idea of having two alternative restaurants, Chops and Portofino's over just having one. I think you're going to like the Brilliance.

Stretch

thanks stretch for the info. just wanted to reinforce what i felt was a good choice for my wife alice. i was sure this would be good for me.:) you must live on this board, you reply to everyone! thank you

dean & alice (the silent one)

Just off the BOS 2/04/05. Great ship. Food for the most part was above average. There were a couple of nights that were lacking. If you like steak definitley go to Chops. Did not try Portofinos. Night time alternative dining in the Windjammer cafe (buffet) was nice. You can go when you please, as you please and sit in the back of the cafe in the open. It was great. Like the Seaview cafe for something different.

Labadee is a great stop. Make sure you go if in your itinerary.

We were on the ship by 11:30 a.m. for departure. Luggage didn't arrive until around 7 so make sure you pack something in carryon for dinner if you have the early seating.

Enjoy wish I was going again soon!

Yes, I did sign up! I am traveling with my Mom and Grandmother - this is a birthday gift for my grandmothers 90th (and believe me - she is 90 going on 29 and she is counting the days as well). We have been on 2 Royal Caribbean cruises (Grandeur and Enchantement), one on Princess and one on Carnival. We like Royal the most and are afraid to travel on another line again!!! We have cabin 1550

We were on Brilliance Jan 3 - 14/05. It is truly a gorgeous ship and we would definitely sail on her again. The only thing that was a bit of an annoyance was the design around the main theatre. The congestion of people would get overwhelming at times - we just avoided that area when the performances were due to be finished. The food was wonderful - did have anything that wasn't 1st rate!!! We also avoided the main elevators (they got very congested as well) - we needed the exercise anyway after all that 1st rate food!! LOL

Archived