MSC online check-in

henleycruiser

I have just completed the online check-in forms for our cruise starting this weekend, and notice that the box for date of birth is pre-completed and wrong, and it won't let me change it. Oddly, lower down the form you can enter your correct age. So now our ages and DoB do not match.

The booking is identified as NAME + DoB + GENDER, so the wrong DoB is very prominent, and will be a mismatch with our passports.

Has anyone else come accross this?

Is it a problem?

I had a problem with my DS's age. The TA had to make him a year younger than he is, as MSC's system has a bug in it if your birthday is after the date you cruise, it is still doing the math on they year as though you already had your birthday. Since hs is 17, he had to be under 18 in order to cruise free. The TA booked him as though he was 16 and I called MSC later and got them to fix it. I wouldn't be as concerned about the age it says you are.....but I would want the birthdate to match my passport. You just never want any hassles about that kind of thing.

I had a problem with my DS's age. The TA had to make him a year younger than he is, as MSC's system has a bug in it if your birthday is after the date you cruise, it is still doing the math on they year as though you already had your birthday. Since hs is 17, he had to be under 18 in order to cruise free. The TA booked him as though he was 16 and I called MSC later and got them to fix it. I wouldn't be as concerned about the age it says you are.....but I would want the birthdate to match my passport. You just never want any hassles about that kind of thing.

Exactly!

I read about one older gentleman whose ID said he was 17 and they wouldn't serve him any drinks, even though it was obvious he was an older gentleman.

Hi henleycruiser,

Definitely try to get it fixed ahead of time through your TA or by calling directly to MSC:

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/customerservice.asp?page_id=1535

But if you won't have time to make calls before you leave, don't worry too much. There may be a hassle or delay at the port, but eventually someone there will get it all sorted out.

I have just completed the online check-in forms for our cruise starting this weekend, and notice that the box for date of birth is pre-completed and wrong, and it won't let me change it. Oddly, lower down the form you can enter your correct age. So now our ages and DoB do not match.

The booking is identified as NAME + DoB + GENDER, so the wrong DoB is very prominent, and will be a mismatch with our passports.

Has anyone else come accross this?

Is it a problem?

I had the same problem with my marital status - they got me down as Mrs when I'm a Miss - I called them and told them but the said it makes no difference, I dont want people to think I'm married though haha..dont want to miss out on any ' dates at sea' ! Does the marital status feature on any guests lists etc that are visible to other passengers?

I had the same problem with my marital status - they got me down as Mrs when I'm a Miss - I called them and told them but the said it makes no difference, I dont want people to think I'm married though haha..dont want to miss out on any ' dates at sea' ! Does the marital status feature on any guests lists etc that are visible to other passengers?

Hi cutecat

Think yourself lucky that they only turned you in to a Mrs, on my last cruise I was turned in to Mr. Wouldn't mind but it was my 11th cruise with them, so you think by now they'd know which sex I am!

As for passenger lists - no passenger information is available to other passengers - only to crew - data protection and all that.

Hi cutecat

Think yourself lucky that they only turned you in to a Mrs, on my last cruise I was turned in to Mr. Wouldn't mind but it was my 11th cruise with them, so you think by now they'd know which sex I am!

As for passenger lists - no passenger information is available to other passengers - only to crew - data protection and all that.

Indeed ! you're right ...Miss to Mrs is no big deal - as long as any suitors aren't scared away hahaha...

Indeed ! you're right ...Miss to Mrs is no big deal - as long as any suitors aren't scared away hahaha...

Don't hold your breath re suitors....there are very few unattached male passengers if any at all, and rarely under the age of 60-90. So your only option is crew and they get fired if they have any "dalliances" with a passenger!

Don't hold your breath re suitors....there are very few unattached male passengers if any at all, and rarely under the age of 60-90. So your only option is crew and they get fired if they have any "dalliances" with a passenger!

Haha Amomondo - I was just kidding, though it is the normally the ' attached ' ones that one has to be wary of !

Haha Amomondo - I was just kidding, though it is the normally the ' attached ' ones that one has to be wary of !

You are so right there! A few drinks inside them and they actually think they are doing you a favour as you are a poor sad singleton - little do they realise that I'm on my own because I'm particular about who I hang out with!

In the event this birthdate mis-match did not turn out to be a problem - with one exception:

if you go online, you have to enter your date of birth before it will give you a username/password, so I had to go and ask reception when my own birthday was. (Wi-fi, and even wired internet, is rubbish onboard Musica by the way, and at 10euro/30 mins, very expensive).

You are so right there! A few drinks inside them and they actually think they are doing you a favour as you are a poor sad singleton - little do they realise that I'm on my own because I'm particular about who I hang out with!

LOL Amomondo - the Italians are especially funny, they flirt outrageously, and then very matter- of- fact state ....if you see me walking around town later with my wife ...' no say ciao ' !!!! hilarious ....

why bother being married if you want to always run from your partner - answer ...they aren't strong enough or man enough to be alone ...

LOL Amomondo - the Italians are especially funny, they flirt outrageously, and then very matter- of- fact state ....if you see me walking around town later with my wife ...' no say ciao ' !!!! hilarious ....

why bother being married if you want to always run from your partner - answer ...they aren't strong enough or man enough to be alone ...

and yet it is us who are referred to as the weaker sex!

Archived