Booked Ventura today - some questions

Iain1873

Finally took the plunge and booked Ventura for 2nd July next year , have previously only cruised with Thomsons and have absolutely loved the cruises we have done with them but we've all got itchy feet to try a newer and bigger ship to enjoy , hopefully we've made the right choice , hopefully some of you will be able to help with a couple of questions :

1. What type of sockets does the cabin have - wife will need to know for straighteners etc...

2. I've seen some posts on taking your own drink on board , we're not particulalrly bothered about alcohol in cabin but we'd like to take our own soft drinks on-board for our son - is this okay or frowned upon ??

3. Toiletries - what is provided in the cabin - are they of a decent standard or is it pretty cheap stuff - wife prefers to use her regular stuff whereas as long as it lathers up then it suits me !!!

4. Are soft drink packages available to purchase for my son and of so how much and what does it include ??

5. Question from the wife - what is the Luxury pamper pack in your cabin upon arrival ??

6. For formal nights i have a tux but our friends who are travelling they will have suits - presume this is okay for the formal evenings.

7. I know people say drink prices on Ventura are very reasonable but does anyone have a price list or link to one ??

8. To you register a card upon embarkation and payment is taken on certain days of the cruise ?? , can you check your balance from the TV in your cabin ??

9. Finally and most importantly , my son is a surly 16yo and like most boys seems to communicate with other folk his age in a series of grunts !! - he's not a Teen club kind of lad , how formal is it ??? is it more a hang out area and get to know someone playing a game of pool or the like ??? , he will make friends but will need to find some common ground whether it be pool , x-box etc.....

Sorry for all the questions and i'm sure i'll annoy everyone enough over the next 10 months with even more - any help that anone can give would be greatly appreciated.

You may have noticed i'm a little excited about it :D:D:D

1. Standard UK 230v sockets

2. No problem with soft drinks and maybe not with alcohol although there have been restrictions which seem to coincide when lots of teenagers on board.

3. Toiletries are from the White company

4. I believe its £20 for 20 drinks. Cheaper to buy your own when ashore.

5. Cant remember exactly but stuff like lip balm. Nothing exotic

6. Dark suit OK for formal. Get a bow tie instead of normal tie.

7. Drink prices around UK pub prices. House wine quite good at £2.85 a glass or you get get half or full litre carafes

8. You register a credit card at check in. You only get one bill at the end when you leave the ship and thats when your credit card gets charged although I have sometimes found this might take several days. They do however reserve an amount on a daily basis on your card. You never see these reservations but it uses up your available credit so you cant spend it elsewhere if you a re near your limit. You get an account printout in your post box when you wake up on your last morning. Any problem see reception before leaving the ship. You can view your account at any time on your cabin TV. Each member of your party has a separate listing even if you have them all charged to the same account. Best to do it daily in case of a problem whilst you can remember. You can also draw cash (sterling or euro) on your account and it appears like a normal expense so no credit card interest. Cruise cards for under 18 do not permit alcoholic purchases.

9. I am sure your son will find someone of his age to hang around with. They have good facilities for teenagers in the kids club.

Brian

another question , is it acceptable/possible to have a beer with your dinner ?? wife enjoys a vino or two but i prefer to have a beer with a meal

thanks

Yes, you can order what you want. Beer, wine, soft drinks, bottled water. Jugs of iced tap water are on the dining table. If you have a bottle of wine and dont finish it, they will keep it and bring it back next day, or you can order by the glass.

Brian

Archived