~Oasis Review - July 31 to August 6 Sailing~

Windy56

Thanks, everyone. I'm going to give this photo posting thing a try. If the post looks strange, well it didn't work!

DSC00934.jpg

one of my favourite places - the Schooner Bar, alongside the Rising Tide area

oops...made a mistake in the first post

DSC01178.jpg

the Oasis Ochestra playing on the Aqua theater stage duirng the Summer Breeze Concert on the fifth night - try not to miss it because the singers from Hairspray belt out some great pop tunes

DSC01051.jpg

nice shot of Richard Spacey, the king of cruise directors

DSC01660.jpg

Smooth Sailing Trio hamming it up in the Viking Lounge

DSC01744.jpg

The excellent Jimmy Blakemore singing in the Globe and Atlas Pub...sorry about the mic in front of your face, Jimmy!

DSC01676.jpg

panorama shot of the Globe and Atlas - great atmosphere

DSC01168.jpg

Richard Jasper, the bagpiper taken in Schooner Bar

Do they provide a link to photobucket? I'm way in the stone ages!

Check out The Live Review for this week's sailing and around page 8 or 9 , a poster gives the directions. I refer to him by name in an earlier post.

What a fantastic thread you've got going here.

Thanks so much for your insight... I'm very excited

over what you've said regarding the music on board!

We are under a month away from our 9/11 sailing and

your review has heightened the excitement.\

Can't wait to read some more!!! :p

Sunor and TampaMike, I was hungry for reviews before we left and so I am so happy to do this. I have the time and energy right now and so I want to do a really thorough job of it. I am working on the draft report of the shows right now and will post it along with some photos tomorrow.

You will have a ball on this ship. I know it. My husband and I got off the Oasis a week ago, and we are still talking about what a great time we had!

I have a few questions...

What night is the deck party and is there a midnight buffet? my son so

loves the mexican buffet.

When/where is the past passenger party and what time?

What night is good to go to chops?

They seems to be several theme based parties in the Solarium at night, but you would have to keep an eye out for them on your Compass.

As far as I know there are no outside buffets on this cruise. The food seems to be contained in certain areas, only. There is no outside area for eating with tables and chairs like we see on so many other ships, especially around the pool area.

In terms of passenger parties and which one is best, it is really up to you and your tastes in music and venue and age group. Again, they will be well advertised in your copy of the Compass.

Use a link of online menus on here to decide which MDR is less appealing to you and book Chops online before you go because these restaurants book early and we couldn't get any reservations by mid-week.

Have a great time on your cruise!

I must agree this has been an awesome thread!

I appreciate you taking the time to do this for those of us awaiting our turn on the Oasis.

I would like to ask you to explain the phone(s) you speak of....we are going to need to be able to communicate while on this ship. We have been reading of renting an IPhone....what is the deck phone you talk about? If this is the phone on board the ship...don't see how those would benefit us...as we need to be able to contact each other with the locations we are in. But, if the rented phones don't work well, I am not sure it would be worth the hassle.

If you do post more photos, please let us know where to view them...enjoyed them very much.

THANK YOU AGAIN!;)

I am happy that you are enjoying the thread. I'm sorry, but we didn't rent phones on the ship, so I can't help you with that. I did hear, though, that they weren't all that reliable. Maybe if you do a search on the threads or post a new thread you can gt the information you seek.

Windy56, just read your thread, thank you so much for sharing your oasis experience with us! The only thing worrying me is the noise levels, we've never experienced any noise from adjoining cabins on any RCCL ships. I'm travelling with my mom in October and this would be a problem for me as i'm a very light sleeper. I think i would get over the slamming of doors but i would find it very uncomfortable if you could hear your adjoinring neighbours? I presume conversations and all that were blocked out? Was it just the hallway and bathroom doors that you had the noise issue with? Our room is the end of the corridor so we have only one adjoining room, hopefully they'll be quiet, respectful people like ourselves!!

thanks for the review!

what is the earliest that they allow you to start boarding the Oasis? What time would you suggest to arrive at the port if you were driving over from a hotel?

thanks again! you are such a big help with our planning!

Windy56, just read your thread, thank you so much for sharing your oasis experience with us! The only thing worrying me is the noise levels, we've never experienced any noise from adjoining cabins on any RCCL ships. I'm travelling with my mom in October and this would be a problem for me as i'm a very light sleeper. I think i would get over the slamming of doors but i would find it very uncomfortable if you could hear your adjoinring neighbours? I presume conversations and all that were blocked out? Was it just the hallway and bathroom doors that you had the noise issue with? Our room is the end of the corridor so we have only one adjoining room, hopefully they'll be quiet, respectful people like ourselves!!

Being at the end of the corridor is probably the best place to be, in terms of hall noise. We heard a lot of it...kids running up and down the halls and people shouting to each other about where to meet up. We heard the cabin doors and interior washrooms doors slamming all of the time. That was our experience. I hope it won't be yours. Like I wrote in previous messages with you, bring earplugs, just in case. Did it ruin our cruise...not at all.

Have a great time. You are going to love this ship!

thanks for the review!

what is the earliest that they allow you to start boarding the Oasis? What time would you suggest to arrive at the port if you were driving over from a hotel?

thanks again! you are such a big help with our planning!

I'm glad you are liking the review.

I would leave your hotel around 11:30 and try to be one of the first onboard. There is so much to see and do and being on the ship while it's in port is exciting. Bring your appetite because they will have many food venues open and running. Also try to avoid lugging a heavy carry on with you because it will get in the way when you want to scoot around, exploring the ship.

If you complete your documents online before registering at the port, you will be amazed at how quickly you will be on the ship!

What a great review... I loved the pics. I can't wait to get on her:)

Thank you! Plan on being sleep deprived while you are on this ship if you want to see and do as much as you can. Have a wonderful time. I know you will!

Archived