Sharing a Soda Card

bchristie1074

Yeah PLENTY of people do this, that's why the drink prices keep going up LOL

I totally agree.

OP, we each buy a soda card and puchase liquor from the cruiseline through Bon Voyage. We like to sit on our balcony and have a drink and it saves money also.

To my way of thinking, when you smuggle liquor, you're circumventing Carnival's rules but at least you're not taking something that doesn't belong to you. The same doesn't hold true when two of you use a soda card purchased for one person. As I see it, using a soda that is not in your name is akin to thievery.

If there is room in bchristie1074's moral principles to accomodate theft then it's a character flaw they will need to live with. Eventually, things like that have a way of catching up to you. Better, in my opinion, to bring aboard a 12 pack soda that's authorized.

To my way of thinking, when you smuggle liquor, you're circumventing Carnival's rules but at least you're not taking something that doesn't belong to you. The same doesn't hold true when two of you use a soda card purchased for one person. As I see it, using a soda that is not in your name is akin to thievery.

If there is room in bchristie1074's moral principles to accomodate theft then it's a character flaw they will need to live with. Eventually, things like that have a way of catching up to you. Better, in my opinion, to bring aboard a 12 pack soda that's authorized.

+1

couldn't have said it better and nothing to add

I slightly disagree with the rest of y'all.

I plan on bring my 12pk on board for me and my bf just in case.I am really a water drinker(love it!) so doubt I will need a soda card.my bf on the other hand HATES water and will be getting a card.

Now I might take a sip or two here or there but wouldn't ever have him get my own diet coke(he hates diet cokes). I've been known to do this in resturants to.I don't consider it stealing though becuase we never get more than if I haven't taken a sip.(most of the times its the orginal cup +1 refill).

I wouldn't however buy one soda card with the intent to actually share it by geting cokes for both of us.

I plan on bring my 12pk on board for me and my bf just in case.I am really a water drinker(love it!) so doubt I will need a soda card.my bf on the other hand HATES water and will be getting a card.

Now I might take a sip or two here or there but wouldn't ever have him get my own diet coke(he hates diet cokes). I've been known to do this in resturants to.I don't consider it stealing though becuase we never get more than if I haven't taken a sip.(most of the times its the orginal cup +1 refill).

I wouldn't however buy one soda card with the intent to actually share it by geting cokes for both of us.

I'm not in a disagreement with what you're saying.

I'll be bringing a bunch of those little individual packets of Crystal Light, mixing with water and then adding the Absolut Citron I have purchased through Bon Voyage. Yes, the bottle is about twice what we would pay at our local store but it still brings the price of a drink down considerably.

My wife and I shared a soda card on our last cruise to mix with the alcohol we snuck on board. Are we the only ones who do this? Saves some money and lots of times we like to sit on our balcony and have a drink.

I dont understand how this would work- soda cards are not good for room service and they are good for one (small) glass at a time.

I would just take a 12 pack of soda for each of you and use the soda that way

Nothing wrong with what you are doing it is the OP that we are finding fault with. I do see nothing wrong with bringing a little more wine than they will allow us legally though.

Next week we go on our cruise. We are taking a two 12 packs of soda for the boys (2), and two bottles of wine. The suitcase that will have the sodas/wine in them, will be empty for the debarkation, so it will hold our suveniers.

I dont know, I dont find it worth spending so much money on a soda card for one person. I dont think it is wrong to take a sip here and there. However, buying one soda card for a whole party (2 people and up) is a little extreme.

It seems to me that using anything that you are not entitled to, to any degree, is still wrong. And smuggling that which is not allowed is still wrong. But it is really an ethical debate. Some justify it by saying it is only a little amount. If you are unethical anyway no one commenting on this board is likely to change your point of view so why bother asking?

OhBoy. morality at it's best :rolleyes:. I would suggest that the majority of us in here have some type of "character flaw". Those that don't are lying to themselves.

My apologies to the others as I couldn't resist commenting on the righteous.

It seems to me that using anything that you are not entitled to, to any degree, is still wrong. And smuggling that which is not allowed is still wrong. But it is really an ethical debate. Some justify it by saying it is only a little amount. If you are unethical anyway no one commenting on this board is likely to change your point of view so why bother asking?

Some people who encounter a red traffic light when driving through a small deserted town at 3:00 AM come to a full stop and wait for the light to turn green. Some slow down to a near stop, look both ways, and then proceed regardless of the light's color. Some don't even bother to slow down.

I am one of the guys who waits for the light to turn green.

Anyone else? Perhaps a poll is in order. :)

Here it goes. It's posts like these that I wonder if they are legitimate or not. It brings two topics that get under peoples skins: sharing a card and smuggling alcohol. I say it's crap.

I agree with you. I think posts like this are Carnival employees trying to get information. I just can not see someone making a post like this.. It makes no sense in my brain at least. But, my favorite saying "To each his own". ;)

I agree with you. I think posts like this are Carnival employees trying to get information. I just can not see someone making a post like this.. It makes no sense in my brain at least. But, my favorite saying "To each his own". ;)

i think so too. why, if you do something against the rules and get away with, would you advertise and ask others??!!?? baffling.

OhBoy. morality at it's best :rolleyes:. I would suggest that the majority of us in here have some type of "character flaw". Those that don't are lying to themselves.

My apologies to the others as I couldn't resist commenting on the righteous.

Get off your high horse. It's got nothing to do with who is righteous and who isn't nor was it a launch point against character flaws. The OP wanted to know if there were others that also use one soda card for two people, as they do. That implicitly invites comments pointing out that it's wrong.

As to morality at its best...you're stating the obvious when you "suggest" that everyone has character flaws. So what? Don't you think the vast majority of folks already know and acknowledge their flaws? Or is it your position that if a person has any kind of flaw, no matter what it (they) might be, they have no right to respond on any issue that might be moral, ethical or legal, even if asked? Please don't tell me that's what you think.

Bottom line...the OP asked a question about something that I'm guessing they knew was not ethical in order to see if others agreed or disagreed with them. They solicited responses from members and...they got them. Were I you, I'd back off from telling others what's wrong with or how they should script answers to other forum members.

My wife and I shared a soda card on our last cruise to mix with the alcohol we snuck on board. Are we the only ones who do this? Saves some money and lots of times we like to sit on our balcony and have a drink.

If I didn't know better, this was posted to troll, and incite.

You may not be the only one doing this, but i hope they catch you and throw you off your next cruise.

This is known as stealing.

Archived