Taxi to Porto Mari Beach

travellover39

Hi -

When are you going? I, too, read about varying taxi rates, so DH and I have decided to rent a car there. We're on Celebrity Oct. 11. If by any chance you are, too, maybe we could share a car? If not, I still will read this post, as I'd like clarification on the taxi rates, too.

Debbie

Hi -

When are you going? I, too, read about varying taxi rates, so DH and I have decided to rent a car there. We're on Celebrity Oct. 11. If by any chance you are, too, maybe we could share a car? If not, I still will read this post, as I'd like clarification on the taxi rates, too.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the offer but we are on the October 22nd Celebrity ship. There are so many beaches to choose from and Porto Mari sounded perfect. Maybe someone will come back from a cruise and fill us in on taxi rates.:D

Did you print out the map of Curacao? Very helpful.:)

Looking to maybe go closer to port Holiday beach, Blue Bay, Hook's Hut etc. Really don't want to spend $50 one way for taxi:eek: when there other beaches closer and just as nice.

Thanks again and enjoy your cruise.:)

Sorry our dates didn't work out. Someone posted that Cas Abao has very good snorkeling, so I have asked a question on these boards about who prefers which (vs. Porto Mari) and why. The high taxi cost propelled me to investigate renting a car. That plus we also want to see the pounding/crashing waves on the north end.

Good luck, and have a great cruise!! Have you checked out the forums on Trip Advisor? I find them a very good source of complementary information.

Debbie

Sorry our dates didn't work out. Someone posted that Cas Abao has very good snorkeling, so I have asked a question on these boards about who prefers which (vs. Porto Mari) and why. The high taxi cost propelled me to investigate renting a car. That plus we also want to see the pounding/crashing waves on the north end.

Good luck, and have a great cruise!! Have you checked out the forums on Trip Advisor? I find them a very good source of complementary information.

Debbie

I'm a big fan of T/A. I was looking on there today. Yes, they are great for info. Curacao will be our last port so I was looking to just take it easy. We do snorkel and will keep investigating our options. I also want to walk around the town, maybe have a drink, do some shopping.

Looking forward to this 10 day cruise:D

Thanks for the tips.

Grace

:)

Archived