RCL "Late night" Kiddy care ?'s

daze6399

First of all I did a search, but couldn't find this question being asked anywhere.

My wife and I will be cruising RCL this Dec (not sure which ship/sailing) and our then 4 year old daughter will be with us. My wife is overseas right now, so this will be a reunion/family vacation for all of us. However there will be times when my wife and I want to be alone, i.e. we might want to go to some of the nightclubs, late night shows etc. So my questions are: Is approx. $6/hr what is being charged for the late night "daycare" or group babysitting? and Do the kids go to sleep, or do the counselors keep the kids busy until 1 am? And a more general Adventure Ocean question, what do the younger kids think of Adventure Ocean? I know all kids are different, just trying to get a general feel.

thanks

daze

They call the after hours babysitting (after 10pm) the Late Night Party Zone. It looks like to me that they start out early doing some "partying" but then started winding down with movies, books, the lights were down and the kids were sleeping.

Yes it is $6/hour after 10pm.

And as far as the before 10pm, it really depends on the temperment of your child. My youngest didn't love Adventure Ocean because she is a really energetic child. In the younger group, they had craft and story time which required sitting, not the best for my youngest.

My oldest loved Adventure Ocean.

The latest schedules are at the link in my signature.

Thanks cruisinmomma. That is exactly what I needed to know, mine needs to get her sleep. I appreciate the help.

Well, the transition from Adventure Ocean into the Late Night Party is seamless. So let's say that your daughter went to dinner with the kids club. Then went to the Pirate Parade with the kids club. Then she made her pirate sword and tracked down a pirate treasure. Then listened to a pirate story. And now she is starting to get sleepy -- she can go off and lay down on the pillows/blankets.

When 10pm comes, they start charging YOU, but she won't know that it is now the "Late Night Party Zone". Nothing changes in her Adventure Ocean room. Does that make sense?

It's not like they make you come and sign her into it at 10pm from one room to another.

So if she is tired at 9pm, she can sleep.

Usually when I pick up my kids at 10pm I already see some little ones sleeping.

And you will have a cell phone. They will call you if she wants you. :)

You may also want to consider hiring an in-room babysitter for your daughter, if you decide that is a better option for you. Royal charges by the hour for this service and will send two employees to your stateroom. Also, you may give the sitters permission to take your child out of the cabin and to other areas of the ship. We did this with my son who was 14 months at the time - it was great! If you decide to look into this option, then you'll want to book the service soon after you board the ship (babysitting is available on a first come, first served basis). Also, I'm not sure if this service is available to children who are able to go to AO (i.e. under 3). Have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks again cruisinmomma, its nice to know that its a seemless transition. Its something that I hadn't really thought about, but that its nice, she does sometimes go too sleep pretty early. Qt michelle how did you like the in room sitters? We may want to use them as well.

I really liked the in-room babysitting. The first evening was the most difficult for me since I wasn't sure exactly what to expect, but I was very pleased with the women that arrived. As I mentioned, they work in pairs and will always be the twothat babysit if possible - I had the same two all week since they were both free all week. I also booked them for the same time each evening. One woman worked at the explorations desk while the other worked in the AO area. Both were prompt, professional and very friendly. They were willing to do whatever I wanted to make it easiest on my son and me. He slept every night but one so they stayed in the cabin and watched tv except forthe one night they took him for a walk to AO and gave him a toy. I wouldn't hesitate to use this service again. Let me know if you have specific questions. :) you can also find a lot more details in my Freedom review in my sig.

Archived