Sun beds on deck QM2

north east girl

Hi All, We are going to the med in September, just wondering what it is like to get a sun bed on deck on sea days.

Does it tend to be a bit of a bun fight? I don't want to have to get up early if it is not necessary.

I've tried searching but no joy, it seems the question has not been asked.

Catherine

Hi All, We are going to the med in September, just wondering what it is like to get a sun bed on deck on sea days.

Does it tend to be a bit of a bun fight? I don't want to have to get up early if it is not necessary.

I've tried searching but no joy, it seems the question has not been asked.

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

I cant wait for answers to your question as it will be my first time on QM2 in November (carribbean) and I was wondering the same:) Also is there small tables in between the beds and finally is there some shade on deck if needed???

A very excited Jennie xx

Hi Catherine,

I cant wait for answers to your question as it will be my first time on QM2 in November (carribbean) and I was wondering the same:) Also is there small tables in between the beds and finally is there some shade on deck if needed???

A very excited Jennie xx

Hi Jennie,

This is our 3rd trip on QM2, like you we were very excited for our first. This was a TA to New York for our silver wedding. Since then I just need to have something booked. Looking at something for next May, might try QE.

I also need some shade because I burn very easily, my husband can stay out in the sun all day. I will need a brolly.

Catherine

We did Carribean on QM2 last year and by 9am all sunbeds were taken. There are no umbrellas around the pool. If you are staying in the Grills then they have their own terrace and there were always plenty of sunbeds, some of which were in the shade.

We did Carribean on QM2 last year and by 9am all sunbeds were taken. There are no umbrellas around the pool. If you are staying in the Grills then they have their own terrace and there were always plenty of sunbeds, some of which were in the shade.

Hi cruzadict, we are not in the grills, I will have to find some shade somewhere.

Don't think I will be up by 9am to get a bed. Hopefully the med trip will be different.

By the way, do people tend to use them all day? Might get chance later on in the day.

Catherine

I will have to find some shade somewhere.

Isn't one side of the ship normally in shade and the other in sun? (Roughly - depending on which way you're heading and what time of day it is). When we were on the QE2 the sunny side was always chock-a-block and the shady areas were almost empty.

Isn't one side of the ship normally in shade and the other in sun? (Roughly - depending on which way you're heading and what time of day it is). When we were on the QE2 the sunny side was always chock-a-block and the shady areas were almost empty.

Hi. the only trouble with that is hubby like sun and I like shade.

Catherine

Archived