Just back

DrD

Did you take the NCL shuttle to FLL or did you arrange your own transportation? Also when you flew into FLL before the cruise did you spend the night there or go to Miami?

We used larry's limos and got a stretch limo for only slightly more than the NCL shuttle and did not have to wait for shuttle to be full!

We flew in Friday and went to Miami right away and stayed at Biscayne Bay Marriott. We left there Saturday at 10:30 and were on ship by 11:45.

Did you take the NCL shuttle to FLL or did you arrange your own transportation? Also when you flew into FLL before the cruise did you spend the night there or go to Miami?

We flew in and out of Ft. Lauderdale too last week and used Ambassador Limo both ways. They were excellent and I would highly recommend.

We used larry's limos and got a stretch limo for only slightly more than the NCL shuttle and did not have to wait for shuttle to be full!

We flew in Friday and went to Miami right away and stayed at Biscayne Bay Marriott. We left there Saturday at 10:30 and were on ship by 11:45.

Looking forward to your review, our plan and hotel stay is the same as yours. Can't wait for our cruise time!!!

Neverthought

Looking forward to everyones reviews. So glad you had a great time.

What is the NCL shuttle? Can anyone give me info on it? Needing to go to FLL after the cruise as well. How much does it cost? How long do you usually have to wait for it to fill up in order to leave?

Can't wait for your review as well....glad you had a great cruise.

Mitsurgirly....They're called "transfers".

Not sure what the rates are presently but your agent can arrange this for you once you have all your flight info. If you need a transfer after the cruise, you can arrange this on the ship as well, but if I were you, I'd get the rates & info from your agent so you have the facts now.

If you use transfers, keep in mind you will be transported at NCL's convenience meaning that if you have a very late flight, you'll be taken to the airport early if there are some who have early flights. Of course, they are going to try & fill up the bus as much as possible.

I have found that looking into their excursions for the last day is the best way to go if you have a late flight. You can go to the Everglades for example & spend the day instead of sitting at the airport. The excursion was pretty good & it wasn't expensive. After the excursion, the bus goes to the airport to drop you off. Very convenient & enjoyable way to end your vacation.

Can't wait for your review as well....glad you had a great cruise.

Mitsurgirly....They're called "transfers".

Not sure what the rates are presently but your agent can arrange this for you once you have all your flight info. If you need a transfer after the cruise, you can arrange this on the ship as well, but if I were you, I'd get the rates & info from your agent so you have the facts now.

If you use transfers, keep in mind you will be transported at NCL's convenience meaning that if you have a very late flight, you'll be taken to the airport early if there are some who have early flights. Of course, they are going to try & fill up the bus as much as possible.

I have found that looking into their excursions for the last day is the best way to go if you have a late flight. You can go to the Everglades for example & spend the day instead of sitting at the airport. The excursion was pretty good & it wasn't expensive. After the excursion, the bus goes to the airport to drop you off. Very convenient & enjoyable way to end your vacation.

My flight is (I think) at 12:20 out of FLL. So, I wouldn't have time for any excursion after the cruise. I don't mind getting there early and waiting. I like to explore a little around the airport and maybe grab a bite to eat or something. But, I want to make sure I get there in time as well. I would think since you can arrange this on the cruise, I wonder why they don't have something listed on the NCL site with maybe prices and times or even a "booking" option. :confused:

My flight is (I think) at 12:20 out of FLL. So, I wouldn't have time for any excursion after the cruise. I don't mind getting there early and waiting. I like to explore a little around the airport and maybe grab a bite to eat or something. But, I want to make sure I get there in time as well. I would think since you can arrange this on the cruise, I wonder why they don't have something listed on the NCL site with maybe prices and times or even a "booking" option. :confused:

The last time we cruised on NCL we used the NCL transfers to and from FLL to the Port of Miami. It was very easy and I booked them in advance of the cruise through NCL. I don't remember whether I was able to book them online or whether I called them to book it. At that time the transfers were $20 per person each way (so $80 total round trip for 2 people). We actually flew into FLL the night before the cruise and stayed a hotel with a free shuttle to and from the airport. The morning of the cruise we took the hotel shuttle back to FLL and got on the shuttle. It was very easy, but I did find it annoying that after the cruise they made us get off the ship around 8am and then we had to sit on the bus for 30-45 minutes while other people slowly made their way to the bus. It was definitely a case of "hurry up and wait".

The last time we cruised on NCL we used the NCL transfers to and from FLL to the Port of Miami. It was very easy and I booked them in advance of the cruise through NCL. I don't remember whether I was able to book them online or whether I called them to book it. At that time the transfers were $20 per person each way (so $80 total round trip for 2 people). We actually flew into FLL the night before the cruise and stayed a hotel with a free shuttle to and from the airport. The morning of the cruise we took the hotel shuttle back to FLL and got on the shuttle. It was very easy, but I did find it annoying that after the cruise they made us get off the ship around 8am and then we had to sit on the bus for 30-45 minutes while other people slowly made their way to the bus. It was definitely a case of "hurry up and wait".

I will only need transportation back to the airport once our ship arrives. I'm coming in a day before and staying in a hotel in South Beach.

I'll have to check into this. I believe that SAS transportation is a little cheaper than this for trips ($15 pp for 2 people one way).

That's why we did the limo, for 4 of us it was only $20 more and it was a limo! and no waiting. For groups of 6 or larger it would be actually be cheaper than NCL transfers. and 6 with luggage would fit easily.

That's why we did the limo, for 4 of us it was only $20 more and it was a limo! and no waiting. For groups of 6 or larger it would be actually be cheaper than NCL transfers. and 6 with luggage would fit easily.

I'm thinking about my trip in January and will have to figure out transportation soon (haven't booked a flight yet, but will likely fly into FLL if I can help it). I would love to do a limo, but there are only 2 of us so it seems like that might not be the most economical. When you have a party of 4+ it makes sense. Does anyone have an experience with FLL to Miami transportation for only 2 people? Maybe I'm wrong and the limo/sedan wouldn't be as expensive.

I will only need transportation back to the airport once our ship arrives. I'm coming in a day before and staying in a hotel in South Beach.

I'll have to check into this. I believe that SAS transportation is a little cheaper than this for trips ($15 pp for 2 people one way).

We used SAS round trip but the fare is $15 pp each way. Rsvns can be made online and they are reliable.

NCL offered transfers for $20pp to Miami airport and $25pp to FLL with the larger bus.

On the way to the port DH had several stops by SAS before reaching the pier. But on the way back to FLL we were the only ones in the van, so you never know.

Everyone has been telling me about SAS transportation. Everyone seems to like them a lot. I'm checking into them now. http://www.ridesas.com/

Thanks for the tip everyone. I think I'll look into SAS once I can actually nail down my flights. It just seems like they are more flexible on timing and are more likely to go with my schedule than the NCL transfer program (not to mention cheaper)!

And just to be clear, I'm not slamming the NCL transfer program -- it was great and got me where I needed to be, I just would rather have a little more control. :)

We used SAS round trip but the fare is $15 pp each way. Rsvns can be made online and they are reliable.

NCL offered transfers for $20pp to Miami airport and $25pp to FLL with the larger bus.

On the way to the port DH had several stops by SAS before reaching the pier. But on the way back to FLL we were the only ones in the van' date=' so you never know.[/quote']

I booked with SAS. :D

Archived