Westbound transatlantic cabin selection

TRIPACIAN

I will be booking the Rome to Miami transatlantic cruise on the Oceania Marina in November 2011. I am wondering cabin selection on the port or starboard side. The sun glare can be a problem but the warmth may offset this problem. Any suggestions?

I picked port side for the sun.

There is a roll call for this cruise. Go to Roll Call, select Oceania, then Marina, then our sailing. There you will find discussion among your shipmates.

I will be booking the Rome to Miami transatlantic cruise on the Oceania Marina in November 2011. I am wondering cabin selection on the port or starboard side. The sun glare can be a problem but the warmth may offset this problem. Any suggestions?

Doing a Transatlantic in November, you can expect that about 6 hours after leaving Funchal, the temperature will drop significantly (think high 40's, to mid 50's) and stay there until you get within a few hundred miles of Bermuda. From there on it should hover from the mid 60's to the low 70's for the rest of your trip.

I would imagine that you would be happy for any sun that you could get.

Cabins that face forward will get the most sun, but those on the Port side will have a Southern exposure.

Have a fantastic trip !

I picked port side for the sun.

There is a roll call for this cruise. Go to Roll Call, select Oceania, then Marina, then our sailing. There you will find discussion among your shipmates.

Thanks, we have joined the roll call for this cruise and look forward to meeting everyone.

• 1 month later...

On my TA, Rome to Rio, I specifically checked into this same issue. With my cruise going southwest, the port side gets the morning sun, and starboard side gets the sunsets. We're night people, NOT morning people, so I said I would ONLY take a starboard cabin. Early morning sun in my cabin would really peeve me off when I'm on vacation. :) But mostly, I want to be able to sit on a balcony and watch the sun set in the evening.

Early morning sun in my cabin would really peeve me off when I'm on vacation.

Just close the curtains;)

We had just about 24hr daylight on the Norway cruise & no early morning light of any kind with the drapes closed

We even slept in one morning & had to rush to get breakfast before they closed

Archived