Car Service Recommendations for Baltimore Port to Washington/Dulles

trabeler

After debarkation in Baltimore, we have a return flight that departs from Washington Dulles Airport. I'm looking for suggestions on any reputable car services to contact to discuss transportation from Baltimore to Dulles.

I've also looked at Amtrak as an option, but that involves a taxi from the port to Baltimore Penn Station, then the train to Washington Union Station, and then finally another taxi to Dulles. We've got three people in our group, so the train alone is $60-$75. Add in two taxis plus tips and I was thinking it might be almost the same price to hire a car service, with the big plus of not lugging baggage through two train stations.

Any suggestions from those familiar with the area would be appreciated. I did a Google search on car services and there are many, however I'd prefer to contact one that someone in the area has used of (or at least heard of) before.

Thanks.

One option is to rent a car. You can take a taxi to BWI and then rent a car and drop it off at Washington Dulles.

We have used Execucar in various places around the country and they do have services in Baltimore and in Washington DC where they provide a car service. Here is there toll free number. I am not sure if it is a national number or their Baltimore Number (800) 410-4444.

Keith

We live in the DC area. It is about 60 miles from the port of Baltimore to Dulles. Even if you go on Amtrak to Union Station (downtown DC) you still have another 25 miles. Rent a car or get a shuttle service or car service. Dulles is in VA.

We live in the DC area. It is about 60 miles from the port of Baltimore to Dulles. Even if you go on Amtrak to Union Station (downtown DC) you still have another 25 miles. Rent a car or get a shuttle service or car service. Dulles is in VA.

I agree. We used to live there and I couldn't see taking the amtrak to board a cruise ship. Too complicated.

Keith

We live in the area and use TheAirportShuttle.com to go to BWI and Dulles.

1-800-776-0323 We have used them for over 15 years and they are very reliable. A taxi from Baltimore would be very expensive but the train is definitely not an option. For another trip I would use BWI which is just south of Baltimore. You can get prices online but may have to call to book. We will use them from home to and from the port.

Dulles is in Virginia well west of Washington DC

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I'll look into car services as it seems that is the best way to go.

I wanted to fly out of BWI, however we're using frequent flier miles so IAD was the only thing available.

Archived