Who to Cave Tube With?

jrmoore13

I am hoping to do cave tubing on our cruise in three weeks. I would like to book now but am a little skeptical about booking with a non-Carnival company. I just think it is ridiculous that carnival is twice the price for same adventure.

This is our second cruise and our first to really do any excursions. We have just heard all the nightmares about not making it back to the ship in time etc and want to know who would be best to do our Cave Tubing experience with so we don't make a mistake.

So far I am looking at cave-tub***.net and cave-tub***.com

Suggestions?

When doing research, I heard lots of great things about Major/Mior Tom at .net. I contacted them with a special request and received great service from Major Tom himself. He even offered to do a private tour for me and my husbad to both the ruins and cave tubing (since I couldn't decide) for a very reasonable price and said that we'd have three hours to spare before our ship leaving. this is the excurision that I am most excited about! If you have any questions, just email them and Major tom will reply right away!

We used X-Stream Cave Tubing Co. and can highly recommend them.

None of the independent operators want their professional reputations ruined by missing a ship. Pick one of the recommended ones on these boards and you should be fine. Just as an added cushion of safety, we always try to book the earliest excursion time we can.

Cave Tubing is fun!

We used Major/Minor Tom last June and they were awsome.

They told us all about the island on the bus ride to the Jaguar Paw, sang songs on the bus, even stopped at a store on the way back so a couple of us could try the local Belikin beer.

While other companies hearded their guests through the jungle like cattle, our guide explained all about the different trees and animals and some local folk lore. Some of us even tried termites...(minty) :)

We were there just after Tropical Storm Alex and the river was fast. Some of our friends who booked with another company got a 25 minute excursion. Our guide took us through two cave systems instead of one and even took us to a spot afterwards where those of us who wanted to could jump off the bluff into the river a couple of times. We definitely got our moneys worth and then some.

We took our six year old daughter and fifteen year old son with us and they had a blast. Our guide (Mogley) took extra care to insure that our youngest was comfortable and safe in the water. Mogley was also very patient with her as she followed him around like a puppy dog all day. Mogley was her buddy. We have some great pictures of the two of them.

I really cannot recommend Major/Minor Tom highly enough.

Cave-Tubing.com we just got back and the wife and kids had an awesome time. They will work really hard for you and your group. They feed you a great lunch after as well. I don't see how it would get any better than them.

I was last there in 2007....so a while ago. We also used NCQ Adventures with Nacho and Cynthi. They were great! We are going again in March 2011 and plan to use them again. They took us to the zip line and then the cave tubing. It also included lunch.

we used major tom and were actually pretty disappointed. there were several ships in port that day and i think he overbooked himself heavily. There were probably 50 people in our tube line when he promised through e-mail that we would feel safe and close to our guide. we ended up tubing down the river by ourselves and still had a good time. Major tom is a nice guy but he and his family were super pushy about collecting money in advance and just shoeing people off into the bus. It was half the cost of the ship though which was nice

Archived