4K on the Pride

ladycaveat

Has anyone ever stayed in a 4K cabin on the Pride? I travel alone and usually book a 1A with a window or port hole. This time my PVP talked me into a 4K. She said it had a door leading outside but you can't go outside . . . no balcony and it's where the lifeboats are. Sounds nice to be able to open a door if for no other reason than to let in fresh air and maybe even hear the sound of the ocean.

We stayed in a 4k on the Spirit - same ship as the Pride and it was great. It gave you lots of extra natural light, you could open the door about 6 -8 inches perhaps and get some air and a sense of the temperature. We were bumped up to it for the same price as an inside cabin so needless to say, it was fabulous. I am thinking on the day you tender, it is possible they may use the lifeboats for tender and you will then get a full view...I'd say go for it !

We have three 4K cabins booked for our Alaskan cruise. I post pictures when I get back.

I didn't know that the door only opens 6 to 8 inches. Do they open in or out? Can I use my bungee cords to keep the door from closing?

I had 4148 on the Spirit and the door opened all the way up. It opens in. We could see between the life boat. Pick the right cabin and you can get a little bit of a view. Get your T/A to get you a cabin with a view between the life boats. I have booked the same cabin on my upcoming cruises on the Legend and the Spirit.

Has anyone ever stayed in a 4K cabin on the Pride? I travel alone and usually book a 1A with a window or port hole. This time my PVP talked me into a 4K. She said it had a door leading outside but you can't go outside . . . no balcony and it's where the lifeboats are. Sounds nice to be able to open a door if for no other reason than to let in fresh air and maybe even hear the sound of the ocean.

Wanted to let you know that cabin #'s 4202, 4203, 4205 and 4207 have a picture window instead of the french doors.

Enjoy! :)

I had 4148 on the Spirit and the door opened all the way up. It opens in. We could see between the life boat. Pick the right cabin and you can get a little bit of a view. Get your T/A to get you a cabin with a view between the life boats. I have booked the same cabin on my upcoming cruises on the Legend and the Spirit.

Thanks, smarks.

We picked 3 cabins that are lined up on the deck plan just like 4148 so we hope we have a little view in all three. I found a webshot picture of the view from 4122 (my cabin). Looks good. We sprang for an aft 7A for our Bermuda cruise.

Archived