International pre-paid calling card

Am cruising on the Mariner soon and would like to use an International pre-paid phone card in Mexico to call home. This seems to be the best option, since my Trac Phone will not work internationally (already checked). Anyone used these cards in Mexico and can tell me how they worked or which ones are better. Any info is appreciated.

Having traveled all overt the world for several years I also carry and use an AT&T prepaid phone card and it has worked for me. Just be sure to have the toll free long distance for your carrier for the country you are calling from.:D

it was a few years ago but i had to buy a card in mexico that had a chip in it to stick into the phone.....they were pretty cheap IIRC and issued by whomever the phone provider was (telemex or something..)

not sure if that's still the case, but they worked well (i had to call my TA when my hotel for a land vacation decided to be half closed...long story, but with my using the cards to call her all was fixed and it was easy)

Archived