Review of August 7-14th NE/Canada on the CB- very long

bonnieg

Maria, That is a coincidence! It's almost like Duchess43 being from the same town and in the same cabin as me this week.

I tried to scan my patters and for some reason it only scans half a page. Scanning my photos were fine. If anyone has any specific questions about what time an activity is then please ask.

Yes, that was really a funny coincidence talking to Maria last night.

Speaking of coincidences, some other friends of ours from here in South Jersey emailed me from Halifax this morning with questions about renting cars in that area. We knew they were vacationing up in eastern Canada this week, but we did not know the exact locations or the exact days... they were not traveling by cruise ship, but by combos of air, train and rental car.

I also have copies of all the Patters... I may see if I have any success in scanning them, but I can also answer specific questions.

I am still slowly working on my own cruise review of last week's sail... hope to have it done by tomorrow.

Jim

Muster started between 4:15 and 4:30. It was cut a little close to sail away time.

Yes, it cut very close to sail-away, and we were trying to squeeze a cruise critic meet-and-greet in after the muster, and then my crowd was trying to get to our 6 pm dinner seating... then five straight days of ports... seemed like we just kept running!

I also have copies of all the Patters... I may see if I have any success in scanning them, but I can also answer specific questions.

I am still slowly working on my own cruise review of last week's sail... hope to have it done by tomorrow.

Jim

Hi Jim,

If you have any luck scanning the patters, would you mind emailing them to me? My email address is o2bmmw at hotmail dot com.

I also have a few questions for you about the Fundy trip, particularly whether you brought any seniors with you. When we got home last night and spoke to my parents, I was surprised that they were really interested in the trip.

Also, I was able to get 2 minivans at Avis which is right near the ship, up Water street. I tried Budget but they were sold out.

Thanks for your help! It was nice meeting you both. Maria

Hi Jim,

If you have any luck scanning the patters, would you mind emailing them to me? My email address is o2bmmw at hotmail dot com.

I also have a few questions for you about the Fundy trip, particularly whether you brought any seniors with you. When we got home last night and spoke to my parents, I was surprised that they were really interested in the trip.

Also, I was able to get 2 minivans at Avis which is right near the ship, up Water street. I tried Budget but they were sold out.

Thanks for your help! It was nice meeting you both. Maria

Ok... I didn't get to try scanning tonight, but maybe in the morning.

We brought my mother-in-law on the Fundy Trail trip... she got out of the minivan at the St. Martin visitor center (the small lighthouse building just before the covered bridge), at several of the scenic overlook stops, and finally at the Salmon River area, which is as far up as we went. She did not venture as far as I did with the kids at those stops, but we left the van open so she could go back and have a seat.

We probably have a spare map or other material regarding Fundy Trail if you wanted to get it from us before we leave. I'll try to figure out if there is something worthwhile that I have that I can scan easily (8x10 or smaller). Actually, there is quite a bit of information at their website: http://www.fundytrailparkway.com/ . I had printed out their map from that site to take on our trip.

That's interesting about your success with Avis... did you call, or get them online? They were the first ones I tried (but only online), because I have a preferred status card with them. And I tried them again in the week before our cruise and no mini-vans came up available. I tried several other companies, too, before getting my reservations with Budget.

Jim

I also have a few questions for you about the Fundy trip...

I also wanted to add that you may want to consider bringing (or wearing) bathing suits and surf shoes to wade in the river at Salmon River. It was a hot day when we were there, and there were a few people enjoying a dip in river, esp. near the suspension bridge. It looked like a nice way to cool off! We were sorry we didn't think of bringing at least a set of extra clothes, but we didn't realize we might get this opportunity.

Jim

Hi Jim,

If you have any luck scanning the patters, would you mind emailing them to me? ...

Maria

Maria: I just emailed you the first 4 Princess Patters in PDF form from our cruise... that's all I have been able to do so far. I just wanted to let you know on here in case I messed up your email address.

All: If anyone else wants the Patters emailed, let me know. I also sent Maria my latest draft of my cruise review... turning out to be "a book"... I will post it when done, but if anyone else wants advance copy, I can send my draft, as well.

We are having some internet issues at home, so that has been slowing me down with all of this... I apologize in advance if I am unable to email items or post any comments over the weekend.

Happy sailing to those leaving tomorrow!

Regards,

Jim

We would really appreciate the patters also.

I have started posting the Patters in PDF format to a folder in my Google Documents area, which should be open for all to view and download. I think I have the first 5 Patters there... I will try to get the others there by the end of the weekend.

You do, however, need to have or register for a Google account in order to access it.

Link:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1oT51tdkOepZDBkNmJkY2MtYjQzYS00OGU1LWJkMzMtYTExNDU2YjFjYWVh&hl=en

Jim

Archived