Review of August 7-14th NE/Canada on the CB- very long

bonnieg

Here is a description of the post cruise tour

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53137352@N08/4897346071/

I did it!! Now I have to scan everything. I tried to do a copy image and paste so it shows on the post, but that didn't work. At least you can view this way.

Karen, I will copy the menu for the chefs table later. If you look at the princess board there is lot's of info on the chef's table. It is $75pp and well worth it. There is a current thread on the first few lines.

No, my son did not join us. He is not that adventurous when it comes to food and wouldn't have appreciated it.

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for your great review. We will be on the 8/28 sailing with our kids and have 2 questions (I'll try to be concise):

1. What nights are the formal nights? (I apologize if you answered this but I didn't see it).

2. In Boston, how difficult is it to find the T station you took from Fenway? Is it right there? Or do you need to walk a bit to get to it?

Thanks for all of you help! Maria

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for your great review. We will be on the 8/28 sailing with our kids and have 2 questions (I'll try to be concise):

1. What nights are the formal nights? (I apologize if you answered this but I didn't see it).

2. In Boston, how difficult is it to find the T station you took from Fenway? Is it right there? Or do you need to walk a bit to get to it?

Thanks for all of you help! Maria

The formal nights were Sunday(Newport) and Thursday(Halifax)

The T station was a few blocks away. A person in the Red Sox store gave me directions. I printed out a T subway map before I left.

Bonnie-What is the cost of the Chef's Table ? My DH doesn't drink so is it less expensive you don't have the alcohol. I know you said it was a highlight of your trip, is that because the food was so fantastic? much better than the daily dinners? did you go to any of the specialty restaurants?

We are on the Oct. 9th cruise and I think we would like to try it.

Thanks,

Rosemary

Great review!

I was especially excited to hear that Martin Kaye was on the ship. My husband and I really became fans of his when we were on the Island princess in Feb. I hope that he will be on he ship when we sail in October. :D

Bonnie-What is the cost of the Chef's Table ? My DH doesn't drink so is it less expensive you don't have the alcohol. I know you said it was a highlight of your trip, is that because the food was so fantastic? much better than the daily dinners? did you go to any of the specialty restaurants?

We are on the Oct. 9th cruise and I think we would like to try it.

Thanks,

Rosemary

The cost is $75pp, I think someone mentioned $60 without alcohol. Yes, the food was fantastic. You also do a tour of the galley, get a cookbook, and 2 8x10 photos. That alone cost $75. I didn't do any specialty restaurants on this trip, but did Sabitinis and Crown grill on the Emerald. We like the Crown Grill better. I will post the chef's table menu later.

Bonnie...Do you know if there is a tour offered{debarkation} for flights after 2pm. Our flight out is 430pm.

Thanks Anna:)

If you look at my post from 10:23am, I have the post cruise tour listed.

Bonnie -Thanks for the review, we will be on this cruise in 4 Days! :D Were they able to fix the problem with the generator?

I didn't hear anything else about the generator after the 1st night. I'm not sure if the delays were due to this problem or something else.

Bonnie,

Sorry I am going to reneg on my prior statement in which I said only 2 questions :D.

You mentioned you ate in the dining room after embarkation. Was that the Coral dining room that was serving lunch that day?

Thanks again!

Bonnie, I just wanted to say thanks, your review was great and timely, especially for those of us shoving off soon. It was nice to hear you had such a wonderful time. I hope our weather is as nice. Again thanks for the effort.

Bob

My wife and daughter did the post debarkation tour. They left about 9:15am and arrived at JFK about 3pm. We were in a bit of a spot as I thought I could check my bags on the ship right to the airport like you can in Ft Lauderdale (you pay a fee on the boat and it is not all airlines)

So can I assume that the CB does not have an EZ check program for Brooklyn? I leave this Saturday for the cruise, and I was banking on this program for our disembarkation. We are seeing a mid show Broadway show and our flight is not until 8pm at night, so we definetely do not want to be hauling our luggage around all day. Can you tell me for sure? Do you know of any other options for holding luggage?

Bonnie...Do you know if there is a tour offered{debarkation} for flights after 2pm. Our flight out is 430pm.

If you look at my post from 10:23am, I have the post cruise tour listed.

Bonnie at the top of the page it states for flights after 5pm. Ours is 4:30pm. I know on other cruises they sometimes have tours that are a bit shorter for those who have flights after 2pm but before 5pm. Perhaps they will still let us book this one. We will see when we get on ship.

Thanks again Anna:)

Bonnie,

Sorry I am going to reneg on my prior statement in which I said only 2 questions :D.

You mentioned you ate in the dining room after embarkation. Was that the Coral dining room that was serving lunch that day?

Thanks again!

That's okay. You can keep asking away. I forgot which dining room it was. I know it wasn't the Palm. It was either Island or Coral. They were open till 1:30. The lunch menu was terrific because I think they were trying to impress anyone who was doing the "onboard experience".

Hi Bonnie,

I wanted to let you know that last night we met the Feeney's from S.Jersey/Philadelphia who cruised with you. They were kind enough to answer lots of questions for us, and even showed us some pictures they took on the Fundy Coast on their camera.

As it turns out, our kids go to the same camp, and last night was the family night.

They said to send you their regards. I told them what a great review you wrote.

Thanks again! Maria

Hi Bonnie,

I wanted to let you know that last night we met the Feeney's from S.Jersey/Philadelphia who cruised with you. They were kind enough to answer lots of questions for us, and even showed us some pictures they took on the Fundy Coast on their camera.

As it turns out, our kids go to the same camp, and last night was the family night.

They said to send you their regards. I told them what a great review you wrote.

Thanks again! Maria

Maria, That is a coincidence! It's almost like Duchess43 being from the same town and in the same cabin as me this week.

I tried to scan my patters and for some reason it only scans half a page. Scanning my photos were fine. If anyone has any specific questions about what time an activity is then please ask.

Archived