Princess Cays

lfy

I see that Star Princess is at Princess Cays today and that Caribbean Princess has not been able to tender at Princess Cays 4 out of the last 5 weeks including yesterday. Is this time of year usually tough to tender or does it depend on onther factors. We will be on CP next week and just curious what our odds are of tendering there. Thanks.

We were on The Sun 1-28 sailing. We made it to Princess Cays, but the water was quite choppy. We had 2 sea days before our first port. The sea was rough, to say the least. We heard lots of people were sick, although we didn't get sick. The pools were closed on all 3 of our sea days because of rough water. Still had an awesome time!

I've been watching the cams also this past month, and reading as many posts as possible. The first passengers were supposed to go to the reopened Princess Cays on January 21,2005.

The Caribbean Princess has only let passengers off once in four weeks.

Yet, the Star Princess has let the passengers off the very next day, 24 hours later. (Same month, same year)

Could the sea change so dramatically the very next day?

I can't figure it out.

Two different captains, two different decisions.

Princess Cays looks beautiful today on the cam.

I can see the tenders going out.

It's much nicer than watching the snow out my window.

I would love to step foot on Princess Cays, but if not, we'll make the best of it.

Kristal

Sea's have certainly been rougher this season.We were just at PC on 2/6 and were able to tender in but we (I) was worried the night before that we wouldn't be able to get in.It's always the luck of the draw and a crapshoot like Pam in MA previously mentioned.

I hope you get to go,it is very beautiful and was a wonderful way to end our cruise.

The conditon of the ocean can change from AM to PM. So whether it is safe to tender is always a judgement call by the captain. If they think the seas will become very rough as the day goes on, I have seen them bypass PC because of it. They don't only have to get you there but they also have to get you back later in the day. Sea conditions play the biggest part in whether you will stop or not.

Best of Luck!

I had a port shorten due to fog..they finally took some people ashore using a port vessel as lead since it had rader and the tenders followed...fog lifted later so they were able to use tenders to get us back.

Never canceled due to rough seas...hope my forst isn't later this month on the Dawn.... :(

This morning on the CP brige cam it shows her tendering at Princess Cays. It seems they changed the schedule from Friday to Sunday. Curious is this something Princess has done because of sea conditions? Thanks for any info.

Well I hope the seas calm down for those going to Princess Cays.... We were able to anchor/tender to the Island on 1/28/05.... it was beautiful and so worth. The seas were very calm....But within a few hours of leaving Princess Cays, the seas were so rough....They even cancelled the first show of the evening @ 8pm due to how rough it was...Thought I be ejected from the bed a couple of times....lol.......But it was fine....... But my excursion at St. Thomas was cancelled due to rough waters....So one never knows......

Hi

I was on the Caribbean Princess Jan 22, we stopped at Princess Cays. As far as I know we were the first ship to visit since the hurricaine. It was very nice. The sand is very soft because it was trucked in. They have rebuilt a lot of the buildings. It was kinda chilly. We were very excited that we got to see it.

Trvlchrs

www.destinationbeach.net

Just returned off the Star Princess 02/13/05. :( We were able to tender there but yes, the seas were rough, as they were for most of the cruise. (Weather was beautiful though!) The Star was 1 hr late getting into PC & since we didn't immediately go down to get a tender ticket, we weren't off the ship until 11:30AM (and we weren't the last to be tendered). The island is beautiful, the water was cold for us Floridians, the BBQ lunch was hamburgers & hotdogs. Last passenger had to be back on board at 2:30PM so it wasn't a "full day at Princess Cays" as described. Star sailed at 3:15 or so. But, it was still a beautiful day and a wonderful cruise...even with all the problems (stabalizer problems, gale force winds, 14 foot seas, etc.) Will write a longer review later. Any questions, let me know. Thanks!

Sophiesmom2

We were on the Star last week 2/6-2/13 and we loved our day at Princess Cays. The gal that was tending the bathroom informed me that the ship that came the day before us turned around and left because the sea was too rough. We got lucky and enjoyed the beautiful island. All everyone kept saying was "why can't we stay here for two days". Everything is brand new. There is plenty of chairs and shade. Wish there would have been more bbq choices on the menu. Very basic...hamburger and hotdog. It was our favorite day.

I assume the deck chairs are still available but just that there is no water in the pool, correct?? I would still like to lounge poolside. Don't care that much about getting in the pool anyway. Will be on the Sun P this week!!

thanks

Archived