Salad dressing

candigirl41

Im almost, but not 100pc sure, maybe 99pc sure they have a low cal dressing for salads in the MDR ( main dining room ). I am similarly sure, 99pc sure, that they have it at the lido buffet area.

Also, with regards to the Spa menu in the MDR, I do highly recommend what is offered on that menu. I have tried it often, and while low in calories, fat, sodium etc; the entrees are high in taste! And I personally love the low cal desserts, such as "spa" diet, orange, lemon and or coconut cakes! Just dont order the diet pumpkin pie! Nobody but nobody likes or even semi likes this one!

Lots of options on Carnival ships to stick with your "plan". Best of wishes to you, and most of all enjoy your cruise.!:)

I bring the spray bottle style italian or balsamic vinegar salad dressing and keep it chilled either in the ice bucket or in the cabin refrig. It's 1 or 2 calories per spray and pretty tasty. The CCL low cal Italian is not very good in my opinion and sometimes hard to get on the cruise so I find it safer to bring my own. Good luck with your diet.

I get the small packs and bring my own since I know what I'm getting for sure. I'm Lifetime and will be in Port Canavarel on the 31st and plan on weighing in on the 1st. I already found out where the meeting is and the hotel I'm staying at has a gym.

I also walk on the track every morning for at least :45 - 1:15 minutes so I can eat what I want, but in moderation. Don't deprive yourself and sometimes if you take a small bite of something that might do the trick.

We had a quote a few weeks ago, what you do in private will show in public.

Priceless!

:p

Hi Candi,

I am a Lifetime too and it's always a good thing to be prepared. Our local Walmart sells little individual packets of low-cal and fat-free dressings. They have a few different flavors. I want to say the're made by Kraft. They are in the salad dressing asile. In addition they do not need to be refrigerated so that is a plus. Just throw one or two in a zippie bag then in your purse or bag.

Weight Watcher's used to make the small indiv. packets of dressing and they were wonderful. For some reason they took them off of the market. It is really hard to find the little packets to-go.

The 7 day menu lists a fat-free honey mustard dressing under their Spa section.

Good luck to you! :)

Since you have a few months to prepare, remember when you're dining out, especially at fast food places, to ask for an extra packet of dressing. Some places even hand you an extra packets as their normal portion. This way you end up with dressings that you know you like and you haven't paid any extra for them.

I do this throughout the year at Wendys b/c I happen to really like their Italian Vinegrette and there's not an exact equivalent at retail. When I'm on-the-go, I eat a lot of their salads. With a regular salad they always give me 2 packets of dressing - which is way too much. So I store the extras in the bottom fridge drawer.

Then when it comes time for vacation, cruising, picnic in the park, whatever, I just grab a packet or two and know I'll always have dressing I like.

- IT Geek

Way to go on keeping up with Weight Watchers on the cruise, I do Weight Watchers off and on and it seems to be the only thing that works for me. I should try harder to stick with it, but I'm so bad when it comes to food.

My mom who doesn't do WW's and doesn't need to lose any weight what so ever orders off the Spa menu all the time and LOVES it. I've never ordered off there because of course, there is always something else I want over it. They have a lot of fish which she says is really good.

~Regina

the spa menu is always helpful in keeping one on plan. In my case I ask for the dressing on the side and dip my fork into the dressing and then into my salad. You'd be amazed at how much dressing is left over and how little you use..I only gained 1 lb on my 8 days cruise on the independnce of the seas in March and ate everything even desert and a few chocolate martinis..I am down 24 lbs in less then a year( didn't have much to lose originally)and down 8 waist sizes..good for you for sticking on plan..

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. If I can't find the packets at Wal-Mart I will probably just bring the non fat ranch that I like and then get some of the spray stuff too. The bottles are pretty small and if they have something different in the dining room I will try that to spice things up. I am a bleu cheese girl and that was hard to give up but I did it. The low call bleu cheese isn't good at all. Thanks again.

Candi

Candi try my trick and see how that works. I'm allowed 1 tbsp of regular dressing ( I use no fat or calorie wise instead.. I love ranch) but I'm so amazed at how little I actually need for my salad.

If you really are going to take dressing with you. make sure you put it into a ziplock baggies. I'd hate to see it if they leaked...happy cruising

I order dressing for my lunches and to take on cruises from this place.

http://www.minimus.biz/default.aspx

The Kraft fat free dressings are 1pt for each packet and it's a 1.5oz packet, so a goodly amount. 60 cal/0 fat/0 fiber.

Thanks for the reminder I need to place an order today for my cruise in 40 days.

I also ask for dressing on the side - which really minimizes consumption and you don't get that 'drenched' salad experience. Another option which is probably the healthiest (since many lo fat dressing are high sodium and high sugar) is to simply ask for oil & vinegar when eating in the MDR. You can drizzle what you like, add salt/pepper as prefereed and no additives, preservatives, leaking dressings, unrefrigerated dressings or unknown tastes!

Archived