LAst Minute Question-NY

Sue909

We're getting ready to leave for our trip to Canada in a few days out of Manahatten, NY. I wanted to get there early by 10:30am but realized we are coming from PA and even if we left at 7am or 8am, we will get stuck in traffic. Does anybody know if there are any decent priced hotels near the pier or close by that we can stay in the night before? Doesn't have to be really close but close enough to drive to the pier quickly. How about any in NJ where we can stay overnight and then leave our car during the cruise?

Thanks for any help.

Sue

I'm not sure what a decent price would be for you, but I would think NJ hotels are less expensive. You could try the Hyatt in Jersey City, NJ. We're in that area and plan on leaving about 9am to get to the pier for the Miracle by 10:30, and that's including plenty of traffic time.

There's a hotel in FORT LEE, NJ which is on the NJ side of the George Washington Bridge (duh!! :p) into Manhattan right by the bridge and darned if I can remember if it is Doubletree or Holiday Inn. You can google (hotel near George Washington Bridge in Fort Lee, NJ) and call each and find out if this is a good deal for you. I have never stayed there, but I live about 15 mins. away and cross the bridge a lot...just can't remember the name of the place!! :confused::(:confused:

We were supposed to go on this cruise in July. We drove to NJ from MI and stayed at the Embassy Suites in Seacacus, NJ. It was a lot less than the NY hotels, the location was great, and they have a managers reception at night with 1 free alcoholic drink per adult with additional alcoholic drinks at $2 while soft drinks and snacks were free. They also had a breakfast buffet in the morning that was included with cooked to order omlets/eggs/pancakes. Our hotel stay was great, but unfortunately we didn't make the cruise as we had a death in the family that night and ended up driving home the next day instead of getting on the ship. We will try to do this cruise again next year and are planning to rebook at this hotel again. Just got our insurance money and booked the Destiny over Thanksgiving as that was the only cruise that fit into our limited schedule. Different itinerary than we were planning on all year but I think we will have a great time relaxing in the sun.

Archived