One Woman - One Day - Barcelona ?

Faircliff

Does anyone have a tour suggestion for a middle-aged woman - who doesn't speak Catalan or Spanish - alone for one day in Barcelona? Rather than the Hop-On-Hop-Off bus she'd prefer a tour but all the private ones seem to be geared for a carload of people, not for a single.

Do they have anything like bus excersions for a day or half-day? We are sailing out on Celebrity a couple of days later, but the ship excursions seem to be only the day of sailing or upon return.

Thanks.

I would suggest you inquire at your hotel- we actually did the hop on hop off on our first day there, but we were in Barcelona for a week or so so had ample opportunity to visit those places we wanted to see in greater depth. It is a wonderful city with a lot to see and many places to just wander. But there are also many tourists so I feel sure that you will find whatever sort of tour you would be most comfortable with.

I think Barcelona Day Tours has day tours you can purchase per person where they pick you up at your hotel.

That said, Barcelona is very easy to navigate on your own. I only speak English, but on my first visit I used the map from my guidebook and I had no problem using the wonderful metro system and walking. I was glad that I hadn't pre-paid for the city tour as I'd planned. (We did do a day tour to Monteserrat.)

Best,

Mia

You cannot explore the old part of the city on a bus as it is best if you walk there through the narrow streets so even if you took the hop on hop off tour you'd have to get off to see that area well. IT is an easy walk to the: cathedral,markets,Picasso Museum(if you like)santa Maria del Mar church etc.

You can book a private tour which would not be a "busload of people". There are several companies which seem popular on this site but I don't know if they are actually licensed guides.

I am using Spanish Trails for a day trip during my land visit in September.

Archived