Tipping on Ship Sponsored Shore Excursions

elsplace2

Ok, I've been trying to read threads on tipping...but alot of them are on your own. Do we tip on Ship Sponsored Shore Excursions, especially if they take you to a restaurant that is included on your tour price? What about the tour guides?

Here's a couple of examples of what we will probably be doing......

Pisa and a Taste of Tuscany - I assume there will be a tour guide & bus driver taking us to Pisa and Tuscany, then in Tuscany we will be having lunch at a little restaurant/winery. (Lunch is included on our tour price). Do we leave a tip on the table after we eat? If so approx, how much per person? At the end of our tour, do we tip the tour guide and bus driver? If so how much? (Approx 7 hr tour)

Rome - Eternal Rome and the Colissium- At the Colissium, I''m not sure if we get a Colissium guide or the one that is with NCL, also included is an Italian Restaurant stop. (Approx 10 hr tour)

I know it's not expected to tip in Europe....but from some of the readings....it sounds like they are getting use to the Americans tipping.

How much you tip is a personal decision. You can tip the tour guide and/or the driver. Many times the tour guide gives a portion of the tip to the driver.

We also base our tip on how much we enjoyed the tour guide and the driver and the length of the tour.

If you are taking a ships tour and lunch is included there is no reason to tip at the restaurant as the cruise line has already taken care of that. But tips by the driver and the tour guide are always appreciated.

Keith

Thanks! Good to know about the ship sponsored restaurant stops. I figured you didn't tip, but then again, I am very confused with European tipping. (But that doesn't say much, I have a hard time with American tipping, as well....besides restaurants)

We always tip the guide, amount based on the enjoyment of the guide ect. They will share with the driver. In Italy waiters are paid a living wage, unlike here in the states. But, we usually always add some change into our tips for excellent service. Tipping is different in most European cities. ENJOY:o:o

Archived